Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty obvious it was dropping in November anyway but nice to get confirmation.

By all accounts the tech test for the multiplayer bots has been overwhelmingly positive as well. The PC version could do with some optimising but it looks and plays great over every console, even the Xbox One versions look good though capped at 30fps.

Series X looks sharp at 4K60 or with a dynamic resolution and 120fps.

Can't wait for this now. I much prefer big team battles and larger modes but if this is an indication of what an extra year has done then it's all heading the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      Another Game Pass game to check out is BloodRoots - another hidden gem in there you'd probably just pass over (it's been out for a year and recently added). It's an isometric kill-them-up.

You have to go through each level finding the best way, or most interesting way to kill each enemy in the area - but each weapon has limited usage and if you get hit, you one hit die. Ordinarily I'd find this type of instadeath super irritating, but for some reason (I think it's because the deaths are purely down to crap play rather than poor AI), I just want to jump back in and nail it this time.

Definitely highly recommend checking this one out.
      It's like a puzzle based version of Hotline Miami with a bit of platforming and showboating built in, its certainly very fun stringing together a crazy, run as pretty much anything can be a weapon, beating someone to death with a fish feels very Monty Python.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        Pretty obvious it was dropping in November anyway but nice to get confirmation.

By all accounts the tech test for the multiplayer bots has been overwhelmingly positive as well. The PC version could do with some optimising but it looks and plays great over every console, even the Xbox One versions look good though capped at 30fps.

Series X looks sharp at 4K60 or with a dynamic resolution and 120fps.

Can't wait for this now. I much prefer big team battles and larger modes but if this is an indication of what an extra year has done then it's all heading the right way.
        Ahhhhh bots, only been asking for that since weeks into Halo CE came out. 20 years later MS 🤨

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Ahhhhh bots, only been asking for that since weeks into Halo CE came out. 20 years later MS ��
          Yeah they released gradually more difficult bots over the weekend before opening up full PvP just at the end. By all accounts the bots are pretty smart on the higher levels and will also tea-bag you if the opportunity arises.

That sort of tech takes a good few decades to perfect

Comment

Get your mouse, touch screens, or controllers ready for some scrolling! We have a big list of games coming soon to Xbox Game Pass, featuring some dead gods, some not-so-dead gods, driving and skating, and more. Let’s jump in! Coming Soon Curse of the Dead Gods (Cloud, Console, and PC) – August 5You seek untold […]

Hades
            Psychonauts 2
            12 Minutes
            Art of Rally

I think I'd better finish off Deaths Door a bit sharpish...
            Last edited by nonny; 03-08-2021, 18:04.

Comment

Katamari Damacy Reroll is on Game Pass and it's awesome. Especially the soundtrack. If you've never played it before stick with it for the soundtrack and rolling up the whole world stages.

Comment

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Now enhanced for Series X/S with Ray Tracing and upgraded visuals

https://youtu.be/fq2mp2u0tXc

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                  [FONT="]Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Now enhanced for Series X/S with Ray Tracing and upgraded visuals[/FONT]

https://youtu.be/fq2mp2u0tXc
                  Just came in here to post that. Nice anniversary update...

Comment

I’ve only ever played about 30 mins of the game due to back log problems. Glad I can play this now enhanced. Shame they didn’t do a 1440p Ray Traced mode but can’t complain at the three modes they have given us

Comment

Hellblade always looked amazing! The One/One X/S/X comparison is an interesting one, showing the One X outperforming the Series S on this title, as expected. I guess the lack of SSD is why MSFS isn't available on One X?

Comment

I’ve already done most of this now but its good to see it getting long term support both for gamers & the studio.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 10-08-2021, 07:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Hellblade always looked amazing! The One/One X/S/X comparison is an interesting one, showing the One X outperforming the Series S on this title, as expected. I guess the lack of SSD is why MSFS isn't available on One X?
                          I think so, but also perhaps because MS have never released a game which is compatible with the One X and not the One or One S, and don't intend to.

Comment

I've never heard of Hellblade. It looks great, downloading now, good old Game Pass.
                            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Hellblade is great but it's a fairly basic God of War clone underneath. What makes it so good is it's absolutely dripping with atmosphere and the mental health aspect of the main character is well done... Absolutely play this with headphones on if you can.

I played through this on One X before and loved it. It looks unbelievable now on Series X. I would probably pass on the 120fps mode here as it's a fairly slow paced game and favour the 60fps stuff.

If you haven't played it definitely check it out.

Comment

[MENTION=221]nonny[/MENTION] yeah the basic gameplay bored me after a few hours. The visuals and atmosphere aren't enough to carry it.

Comment

Working...
                                X