Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tempted to re-buy a Series S just for this. I had one at launch but I was a little disappointed in how well some games had been optimised for it but that seems to have improved a lot recently (need for speed I'm looking at you)...

But I did really enjoy firing up retroarch on it and it works really well.

I only ended up parting with it because I needed funds for a TV upgrade and I found out I could stream the Series X to my PC. Unfortunately while that works it's not a great solution for faster paced games.

Only pain I have now is I've got £100 saved up with MS credit and rewards but they still have a 1 console limit and I already bought a Series X from them. I'm wondering if they might remove this limit in a few months though so I'm keeping my eye on it...

It is pretty crazy that the Xbox can not only play most of the previous generations of Xbox games, but actually a fair amount of the PlayStation back catalogue as well.

Comment

I plan on setting up Retroarch too, but yeah I might wait until it's a bit more not wipe-everything-able.

Comment

How do you get Retroarch set up on a SeriesX/S ?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          How do you get Retroarch set up on a SeriesX/S ?
          I think you spend an official £20 to access dev mode.

Comment

So you don’t need to side load anything on a jail broken device then?

Comment

No I believe it all legit.

Comment

Nice thanks. Definitely something ill do if i get a SeriesX eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Nice thanks. Definitely something ill do if i get a SeriesX eventually.
                  Also, this works on Xbox One S and One X, it's not just for the new consoles.

Comment

Deleted post
                    Last edited by BIG EDD; 17-04-2021, 04:16.

Comment

At least this shows its not just Sony having this problem.
                      Both controllers analogue sticks are the same manufacturer iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        At least this shows its not just Sony having this problem.
                        Both controllers analogue sticks are the same manufacturer iirc.

https://screenrant.com/xbox-controll...uit-microsoft/
                        How is this possible? Apparently, Microsoft can do no wrong so far this generation...

Comment

So I found out last night you can bypass the 1 console limit on the Microsoft Store by simply going incognito in the browser... So I've now ordered a Series S for the study.

I had £105 saved in rewards credit so it cost me £144.99. Rude not to really...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            So I found out last night you can bypass the 1 console limit on the Microsoft Store by simply going incognito in the browser... So I've now ordered a Series S for the study.

I had £105 saved in rewards credit so it cost me £144.99. Rude not to really...
                            I'm very interested to see how retroarch works. My laptop hits a wall with some psp games and such. I wonder if the seriesS can have all the accelerators turned on and get everything running hot.

Comment

The lawsuit is being settled out of court.
                              'Here is some money, now go away.'

A class action lawsuit that claims Microsoft distributed faulty Xbox controllers has been compelled to arbitration. Thi…

Comment

Psychonauts 2 will be making it out this year

Comment

Working...
                                X