This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    The greatest game to grace our screens is part of Games with Gold today. Lost Planet 2.
    Cool game though I recall getting stuck on a bit that pretty much required 2 players where one man's a gun on a train while the other passes about cooling it or something. Looked amazing.

Comment

I love the game. Great in coop.

Comment

First batch of FPS boosted games:

Far Cry 4, New Super Lucky’s Tale, Sniper Elite 4, UFC 4, Watch Dogs 2

When we were designing Xbox Series X|S, we knew we wanted to continue our commitment to compatibility we started back in 2015, enabling gamers to play their favorite titles from past generations on the new consoles. Nearly all titles benefit from next generation features like faster loading times and the ability to Quick Resume. Then […]

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          First batch of FPS boosted games:

Far Cry 4, New Super Lucky’s Tale, Sniper Elite 4, UFC 4, Watch Dogs 2

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/02/...ith-fps-boost/
          Just watched DF video on it. It's some cool tech for sure, though a pity resolutions haven't seen a bump but then they're not touching the game code to achieve this.

I think Sniper Elite 4 is a stand out as that game is great and has lots of screen tearing which is now fixed. Plus New Super Lucky's Tale hitting 120fps is crazy. It'll be really interesting to see where they go with the now. As a demonstration of what can be done it's great but hopefully they can do something with bigger profile titles.

Comment

I think for me the biggest boost is FPS this gen. If we look past the jarring of Control, the Ray Tracing looks lovely. But do you care when you are trying to dodge bad guys and smashing the room up? Same with Spiderman. The windows look brilliant, but do you see them when you are barrelling passed at 100mph?

Edit: Talking of Control, it's just had an update for 'bug fixes' but, call me crazy, it seems smoother on the 30fps mode...
            Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 17-02-2021, 21:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              I think for me the biggest boost is FPS this gen. If we look past the jarring of Control, the Ray Tracing looks lovely. But do you care when you are trying to dodge bad guys and smashing the room up? Same with Spiderman. The windows look brilliant, but do you see them when you are barrelling passed at 100mph?

Edit: Talking of Control, it's just had an update for 'bug fixes' but, call me crazy, it seems smoother on the 30fps mode...
              It's still crashing for me, usually when trying to upgrade abilities from the menus. Other than that I can't say I noticed a difference but I'm playing on 60fps performance.

Comment

Comment

Worked well for Sony nabbing that as a timed exclusive didn't it? Evil those timed exclusives! Reckon it will do well on Switch.

Comment

It's fun for a few hours, didn't really feel that compelled to keep coming back to the game myself given it gets pretty repetitive quickly. Still, if you're in the market for paying for additional costumes to make yourself stand out, microtransaction yourself out .

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      Worked well for Sony nabbing that as a timed exclusive didn't it? Evil those timed exclusives! Reckon it will do well on Switch.
                      Does anyone know if it needs Nintendo Online to play? Seems like a perfect game for Game Pass to be honest....

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        Does anyone know if it needs Nintendo Online to play? Seems like a perfect game for Game Pass to be honest....
                        It likely will, Among Us required it on the Switch.

Comment

So Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered just got updated.

It's now got a livery editor but more importantly it's been upgraded to run at 4k60 on both Series X and PS5... Previously it was 4K30 or 1080p60.

Just tried it and yep, it's definitely a lot nicer now. The only weird thing is as far as I can tell the original performance/quality modes are unchanged but a new maximum mode has been added.

Comment

Well that didn't take long... SW Squadrons it's officially coming to game pass.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                              Well that didn't take long... SW Squadrons it's officially coming to game pass.
                              I’d been dithering over buying the PSVR version but at least this will let me try the game before taking the plunge.

Comment

Working...
                              X