Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason Starfields exclusivity to Xbox continues to need clarifying to the internet. I'd be less concerned about a PS5 version and more about if it'll be decent given it's been a solid decade since Bethesda released a game of its type that wasn't disappointing in some way.

Comment

So let me get this straight.

it’s potentially coming to ps5?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        So let me get this straight.

it’s potentially coming to ps5?
        You never know... One day it might even be released for Xbox...

Comment

Also apparently its at a stage where you can climb ladders as well, i mean, whoa.

Now SeriesX is THEE console for the best corridors AND ladders I’m fully in, no doubt, this was the sweet stuff I needed to hear.

Comment

I do wonder if MS asked Bethesda, once they'd splashed the cash, to show them what they had.
            'so Starfield has some prototype designs oh and a prerendered ship...'
            'OK, and elder Scrolls 6?'
            'well you know that mountain teaser we showed years ago... Yeah just that.'

Comment

Corridors.

Ladders.

Mountains.

Like you've never seen them before.

The gaming renaissance begins right now, right here, only on Xbox*.

* and supported devices via the Xbox Cloud Gaming platform. Platform? Platforms! We've got platforms, too!

Comment

I can't get hyped about Starfield, at least not going off 3 screenshots from 4 years ago and the fact that it's almost certainly an exclusive.

Call me old fashioned but I want some actual gameplay and more hands on details.

I think Bethesda can make great games and if anything being under the Xbox umbrella can improve the quality out of the gate. If Starfield is coming soon I doubt it'll get much of a leg up in that respect but I would expect future titles to be better tested.

Plus I don't think Bethesda want another Fallout 76 repeat ...

We will see anyway. All this pre E3 news is annoying me. Let's get to the actual source and see what the deal is.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                  I can't get hyped about Starfield, at least not going off 3 screenshots from 4 years ago and the fact that it's almost certainly an exclusive.

Call me old fashioned but I want some actual gameplay and more hands on details.

I think Bethesda can make great games and if anything being under the Xbox umbrella can improve the quality out of the gate. If Starfield is coming soon I doubt it'll get much of a leg up in that respect but I would expect future titles to be better tested.

Plus I don't think Bethesda want another Fallout 76 repeat ...

We will see anyway. All this pre E3 news is annoying me. Let's get to the actual source and see what the deal is.
                  I'm not sure most of us are ready for another 4 year journey from mediocre space sim to acceptable space sim either. (Elite, No Mans Sky) at present thought its more tech demo vaporware like Star Citizen as we've seen nothing so far.

Comment

Well yeah that is my point. We've seen nothing so I am neither excited or writing it off at this stage... Which seems to be the automatic stance of most.

At least we don't have too long to find out more.

Comment

Yeah the only thing we have to go on is how, Bethesda seem to have taken a massive nosedive in quality over recent years, its top tier franchise have taken a real kicking, Elder scrolls online, elder scrolls blades, and elder scrolls legends have massively cheapened the scrolls franchise, Add in that Skyrim a game from 10 years ago was their last good game in the scroll series and its become a meme about how much they have milked that game "alexa play Skyrim"

Fallout 4 saw the downturn of that series and 76 was a masterclass in how to not build an online community, despite this its crazy how many people i know that stuck with that mess of a game just because of the Fallout name.

Comment

Yep. All true. On the last 10 years of hard evidence, these are going to be a disappointment.

And yet, and yet...I had so much fun with the TES games. They were huge for me. I do hold out hope that they can recapture the magic of them with Starfield and TES 6. It would be brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Yep. All true. On the last 10 years of hard evidence, these are going to be a disappointment.

And yet, and yet...I had so much fun with the TES games. They were huge for me. I do hold out hope that they can recapture the magic of them with Starfield and TES 6. It would be brilliant.
                          Oblivion on the 360 despite the loading times was my first full achievement on that console, such an amazing world to explore and so many crazy things you could do, silly things like joining a guild of murders, or thieves or wandering off the beaten path and finding some crazy long quest that takes you miles away form your original objective and requires some crazy hoops to jump through to cure your vampirism

Comment

Not much of a source link as this is taken from a discussion on Era about talking points in a live stream featuring Jeff Grubb that has ended and he discussed his thoughts on the following bolded:

-Elden Ring won't be at E3-

Unlike Era I don't think this is a big deal, I think they grossly overestimate the games reputation and few actually have this on their existing radar so won't notice its absence.

-Xbox & Kojima No Show at E3-
                            Apparently so early the deal isn't 100% but likely meaning this is years and years out

-Hellblade 2 Not at E3-
                            Due to the switch to Unreal Engine 5 the game will skip E3 as it would mean relying on a CG trailer and is coming later than people think so likely also years away

-Starfield-
                            Will be shown in gameplay form at E3, releasing in 2022. It's a firm cross-gen game which means that due to the project scale really this is going to be a XBO/PS4 era project jazzed up for XSX/PS5 so keep those expectations in check.

-More Backwards Compatibility and Framerate Boosts Announced at E3-
                            May be announced pre-E3 though to keep the focus on new titles

-XSX Line Up-
                            2021 will rest on Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5. 2022 on Starfield and some extras, he feels they'll hit their stride in 2023 and by 2024 be up to having 4-5 AAA's in a year. Game Pass prices he estimates will also increase but not soon and not by too much given the lower costs than Netflix etc require. Whilst it's good that Xbox will be ramping up if it's going to take till 2024 to get back up to pace this gen is pretty much another write off from a 'keeping up with the competition' angle.

-No Grand Theft Auto VI at E3-
                            To the shock of no-one

-Everwild won't be at E3-
                            Similar to Elden Ring for the most part here

As a side line:

-Switch Pro Won't Be at E3-

So, if true sounds like yet another let down coming and yet another incredibly dry line up year for Xbox

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Not much of a source link as this is taken from a discussion on Era about talking points in a live stream featuring Jeff Grubb that has ended and he discussed his thoughts on the following bolded:

-Elden Ring won't be at E3-

Unlike Era I don't think this is a big deal, I think they grossly overestimate the games reputation and few actually have this on their existing radar so won't notice its absence.

-Xbox & Kojima No Show at E3-
                              Apparently so early the deal isn't 100% but likely meaning this is years and years out

-Hellblade 2 Not at E3-
                              Due to the switch to Unreal Engine 5 the game will skip E3 as it would mean relying on a CG trailer and is coming later than people think so likely also years away

-Starfield-
                              Will be shown in gameplay form at E3, releasing in 2022. It's a firm cross-gen game which means that due to the project scale really this is going to be a XBO/PS4 era project jazzed up for XSX/PS5 so keep those expectations in check.

-More Backwards Compatibility and Framerate Boosts Announced at E3-
                              May be announced pre-E3 though to keep the focus on new titles

-XSX Line Up-
                              2021 will rest on Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5. 2022 on Starfield and some extras, he feels they'll hit their stride in 2023 and by 2024 be up to having 4-5 AAA's in a year. Game Pass prices he estimates will also increase but not soon and not by too much given the lower costs than Netflix etc require. Whilst it's good that Xbox will be ramping up if it's going to take till 2024 to get back up to pace this gen is pretty much another write off from a 'keeping up with the competition' angle.

-No Grand Theft Auto VI at E3-
                              To the shock of no-one

-Everwild won't be at E3-
                              Similar to Elden Ring for the most part here

As a side line:

-Switch Pro Won't Be at E3-

So, if true sounds like yet another let down coming and yet another incredibly dry line up year for Xbox
                              So not much happening at E3 then

Comment

Starfield launches late 2022, according to Bloomberg's Jason Schreier.Schreier tweeted to say Bethesda plans to tease t…

Even the rumour mill see's delays as Starfield is now rumoured to be late 2022 not early

Comment

Working...
                                X