Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They just want people in gamepass and thats it, would be surprised is live gold exists at all in 6months, year max.

Then they’ll hike up gamepass once everyone is moved over.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      They just want people in gamepass and thats it, would be surprised is live gold exists at all in 6months, year max.

Then they’ll hike up gamepass once everyone is moved over.
      I think XBL is basically on life support for sure. It's a tier that is no longer required and while this move is definitely the wrong way of doing it the messaging is clear that it's no longer something MS wants to continue.

I also believe once XBL is removed they will look to increase the cost of Game Pass as it's crazy how much value is there right now.

The thing is, I also believe we will see even more content on Game Pass. I don't think they're even halfway done expanded its breadth of offerings and we may also see a change in tiers to access it. Plus where price is concerned I am sure they won't just jack up the price massively. We may see an extra £1pm across tiers but I don't think they're going to spend several years building up the userbase and then doubling the price overnight once the honeymoon is over.

Comment

*Starts hammering MS Rewards daily again*

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          *Starts hammering MS Rewards daily again*
          Lol I never stop... Its how I pay for DLC and Indies.

Comment

Well it's probably due to the backlash but fair play you've got to give them credit for making the right decision... No price hike and F2P games are like, actually F2P now...

Comment

Wow, that was fast.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                https://www.ign.com/articles/microso...games-unlocked

Well it's probably due to the backlash but fair play you've got to give them credit for making the right decision... No price hike and F2P games are like, actually F2P now...
                The right decision would have been not doubling the price in the first place, they don't get credit for U-turning after a backlash.

They would have known this would come across badly, so you've got to wonder why they did it - because you haven't raised the price in 10 years so want to do it all now? If they'd have raised it a dollar a month, I doubt there'd have been much of an issue, now they've dug a hole where they can't raise it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  The right decision would have been not doubling the price in the first place, they don't get credit for U-turning after a backlash.

They would have known this would come across badly, so you've got to wonder why they did it - because you haven't raised the price in 10 years so want to do it all now? If they'd have raised it a dollar a month, I doubt there'd have been much of an issue, now they've dug a hole where they can't raise it at all.
                  Completely agree. Unfortunately this kind of **** is pulled on a regular basis by the Tory party and it doesn't seem to do them any harm.
                  U Turns seem to be a new marketing strategy.
                  Pull some ****>reverse on it>everyone thinks you are the good guys

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    Completely agree. Unfortunately this kind of **** is pulled on a regular basis by the Tory party and it doesn't seem to do them any harm.
                    U Turns seem to be a new marketing strategy.
                    Pull some ****>reverse on it>everyone thinks you are the good guys
                    Except they don’t think people like ms are the good guys for this sort of stuff, they just look like idiots.

Comment

I’m hearing some retailers in the states destroyed all the marketing material for older prices.
                      Jeff Grubb sums it up very well.

Comment

This doesn't happen without planning and knowledge at many levels. All it does is highlight MS hasn't really changed and show a glimpse of what it will be like when GP reaches the levels they want. Stack up those renewals now

Comment

Correct but I can't help but feel it was a decision made in a vacuum by one area without consulting the wider view. Microsoft is a huge company and I think it probably got approved, sent out and then Phil Spencer just said they need to walk it back.

It's a mistake but at least they've owned it. The outcome is at least consumer friendly now...

It's timing is weird for me. I think where game pass is considered MS haven't really put a foot wrong over the past 6 months... It's just been value add, priced well and all going in the right direction. I think that's why this just seems so jarring like it's been decided from a completely different area...?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            Correct but I can't help but feel it was a decision made in a vacuum by one area without consulting the wider view. Microsoft is a huge company and I think it probably got approved, sent out and then Phil Spencer just said they need to walk it back.

It's a mistake but at least they've owned it. The outcome is at least consumer friendly now...

It's timing is weird for me. I think where game pass is considered MS haven't really put a foot wrong over the past 6 months... It's just been value add, priced well and all going in the right direction. I think that's why this just seems so jarring like it's been decided from a completely different area...?
                            I disagree. MS are very in control of pricing when it comes to products and licensing. This will have been a controlled and discussed change to pricing from all levels. I suspect they expected it to go pretty well unnoticed, like most of their MS product licensing changes, but it wasn't.

Comment

Yep, this. And there is a bit of a history now building of MS seeing what they can get away with. If there wasn't a backlash, I imagine they'd be pulling all sorts of nonsense and, really, I don't see anything that suggests they have the best interests of their customers at heart.

Comment

Not really related but...

Comment

Working...
                                X