Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the halo offices. It definitely feels like some **** is going on with 2 directors leaving and an increased development time.
    If the multiplayer does get released separately, I'd be very interested in what numbers then go on to buy the campaign considering this is meant to be a GaaS 10 year game. Campaign mode on GaaS games are always more of a training ground for multiplayer anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the halo offices. It definitely feels like some **** is going on with 2 directors leaving and an increased development time.
      If the multiplayer does get released separately, I'd be very interested in what numbers then go on to buy the campaign considering this is meant to be a GaaS 10 year game. Campaign mode on GaaS games are always more of a training ground for multiplayer anyway.
      Yeah it's definitely had a shaky few years running up to the console launch but I think (I mean I'm guessing) based off the latest fly by footage and the changing of the guard that it's now in good hands with a clear direction.

Whether that means it hits launch as planned in a condition that it deserves remains to be seen, but I think it's fair to say based on the monthly updates since last November it's got a good chance of delivering most of its promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
        Decided to get a Series X after E3. Still sold out everywhere
        A few popped up at GAME yesterday but you had to buy a t shirt with them for £475.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          Yeah it's definitely had a shaky few years running up to the console launch but I think (I mean I'm guessing) based off the latest fly by footage and the changing of the guard that it's now in good hands with a clear direction.

Whether that means it hits launch as planned in a condition that it deserves remains to be seen, but I think it's fair to say based on the monthly updates since last November it's got a good chance of delivering most of its promise.
          It looked a hell of a lot better. I saw some side by side comparisons and it's like a proper next gen game now.
          Id like to hope it all gets released together. I'd like a good lengthy campaign too with some cool lore.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            A few popped up at GAME yesterday but you had to buy a t shirt with them for £475.
            Yeah, I saw. I'm in Norway though

Comment

Ill still put money on the Halo campaign missing this year. Hence why they announced the campaign & multiplayer as 2 separate packages now.

Comment

Because the Multiplayer is a free to play game that is not part of the campaign.
                Call of Duty uses the same setup for it’s F2P and paid components

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  It looked a hell of a lot better. I saw some side by side comparisons and it's like a proper next gen game now.
                  Id like to hope it all gets released together. I'd like a good lengthy campaign too with some cool lore.
                  Yeah I didn't like that they only showed a fly by and then essentially and in game cutscene but the takeaway is that fly by is miles better than what we saw last year and equally the armour detail on master chief in the cutscene was noticeably improved with better lighting and damage shown.

It doesn't give much away but I still feel they've improved it a lot. I've since gone back to the original unveil footage and to be fair the gameplay is pretty solid. You take that and then look at the physics and detail shown in the multiplayer and it's not hard to see what it could be like when it lands. I just personally hope the story is strong and a return to form where Halo 5 was a bit all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
                    Yeah, I saw. I'm in Norway though
                    Haha... Ok missed that. I do know Microsoft Switzerland had stock as well and some people were importing with free shipping from there on series S. These were deals all listed in HotUKDeals so maybe keep a tracker on deals there?

Comment

In stock on Amazon @Nico87
                      Not sure if you can access or it’s avail to you but thought I’d share anyway
                      Last edited by Atticus; 22-06-2021, 08:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        In stock on Amazon @Nico87
                        Not sure if you can access or it’s avail to you but thought I’d share anyway
                        https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-RRT-00...eries+x&sr=8-1
                        Cheers, managed to get one locally yesterday by (happy) accidence

Comment

Looks like cloud is about to get a serious upgrade...

Comment

Halo Infinite should have a confirmed release date as soon as Microsoft knows when to avoid Call of Duty which points to sometime in November

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              https://streamable.com/nnfdrp
                              Halo Infinite should have a confirmed release date as soon as Microsoft knows when to avoid Call of Duty which points to sometime in November
                              I would bet on them wanting to release on the Halo anniversary launch date (Nov 15th) but are holding back just to see where COD drops in. That said, out of the two games it sounds like COD has had an even rockier road to launch... I don't think I would be too worried.

Comment

I don't really see how it's competing with CoD in a direct way, other than it being a FPS - it's on Game Pass, the MP is free to play for all and they play completely differently from each other (personally not a fan of Halo MP at all) and it's Xbox exclusive.

Comment

Working...
                                X