Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They did a good job of it, it's convincingly the same game and says a lot about how good it was that I did both versions. Probably added to feeling that FH3 was FH2 DLC though after so much playtime

Comment

Just did the 3 year live to game pass ultimate conversion, and noticed that DQ11 definitive edition will be on there from Friday. Time to cancel my PS4 preorder of that ! Started to pay for itself already !!

Comment

Update-a-roo

Comment

I just got an update on mine, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            Just been watching this update on Series S/X emulation using the developer mode and RetroArch. They've now gotten PS2 games running on the consoles and pretty well considering it's early days. Pretty crazy.

Xbox now plays all generations of it's back catalogue and two generations of Sonys

https://youtu.be/psTunlgKOMM
            I tried RetroArch on my Series S this weekend. It’s less fiddly than it is on other consoles in some ways, and not needing to mod/jailbreak is wonderful. Dev mode itself is great fun - looking at CPU graphs in and taking screen shots via Firefox - and it’s still early days so I’m sure more cool stuff is on the way.

I was hoping that I could use any Xinput controller in RetroArch but only the official controllers worked. I only tried MD, SNES and N64 games but everything was great and I could use the same slang shaders I use on my PC.

The most annoying thing I had to deal with was file/folder browsing due to the sandboxing. In the end I just put all my games on a USB stick and ran them from there. Speaking of which, it’s Windows 10 so NTFS works flawlessly, as do multiple partitions

Comment

Nice, I have a developer account as well but haven't tried this yet. I did notice everyone seems to just run from USB so I guess that's for the reason you stated.

It's going to be interesting to see what they can achieve with PS2. The GameCube stuff was already impressive.

Comment

Plenty of stuff coming to game pass in December.

Control now confirmed in a couple of days.

Comment

Nice, I have a developer account as well but haven't tried this yet. I did notice everyone seems to just run from USB so I guess that's for the reason you stated.

It's going to be interesting to see what they can achieve with PS2. The GameCube stuff was already impressive.
                  It's still early days, but PS2 emulation is already pretty damn good:

Comment

How long do 3rd party games typically stay on game pass? As some of the December releases are quite meaty games, and would be pissed to only get halfway through before they’re removed

Comment

[MENTION=2207]dazza_cole[/MENTION] It depends on the commercials MS has signed with the publisher. Lots of people will say it's 12-months, however that isn't always true. There are a number of games that have only been on the service for less and the occasional one that stays on for longer.

GTA V and Red Dead Redemption 2 seemed like very exceptional contracts as they were only on Game Pass for 3 or 4 months each.

It's one of the few things Sony does better with PlayStation Now, where they list the leaving date or state 'ongoing' for those games on the service more than 6-months. Unlike Sony's service though, first-party games tend to stay on Game Pass.
                      Last edited by Digfox; 02-12-2020, 15:30.

Comment

Yeah RDR2 and GTAV were only on there for a short period but I would say on average most 3rd party titles are there for 4-6 months.

Obviously anything Bethesda I would assume is going to stay on there longer, if not permanently.

I'd love to see a leaving date, I didn't know PS Now did that but it makes sense.

Comment

When they go, do they go completely even if you had it in your library as a currently active Game Pass subscriber?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            When they go, do they go completely even if you had it in your library as a currently active Game Pass subscriber?
                            Demons Tilt pinball disappeared from game pass yesterday, I tried to play it again and it doesn’t work anymore.

Comment

Obviously anything Bethesda I would assume is going to stay on there longer, if not permanently.
                              Up until now Bethesda games have been on and off Game Pass - depending on the game.

Microsoft has to complete the purchase of Zenimax Media first, which Phil Spencer has said will be the '2nd half of fiscal year 2021'. In theory this wouldn't be until March 2021 at the earliest. So it might be a little while until those games are completely under Microsoft's control.

Comment

Yeah I realise the deal is not done but already we've got Doom Eternal on there and as things progress I don't see them removing titles.

Comment

Working...
                                X