No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, both utter Mystic Meg prediction nonsense. I predict a PlayStation 6 which will be more powerful than PS5 and come out sometime after 2025 and it will also be made... by Sony!

In before everyone requests Firesprite to make a new Wipeout!

Comment

All Sony need to do is meet demand with the current system. Still no general availability nearly a year after launch.

Comment

Pfft, you lot!!

Almost as bad as the "fizzy water crew"!!

I've already got a PS5 Pro. My dad's uncle works for SonyNinSegaSoft and he got one from a bloke who knows a bloke who knows where they make them.

Comment

Until people can buy PS5 and Series X casually off a shelf they should be banned from even considering revisions

Comment

Is there any shop more likely than others to get consoles in stock that I should keep an eye on? If I'd known my PS4 drive was going to go pop I wouldn't have cancelled the confirmed preorder I had back at the start, hindsight and all. I'm still not convinced I want one of these monstrosities in the house mind you. Though to be fair with the lack of them out there that seems irrelevant!

Comment

It's difficult to pin as it gets knocked around that Sony is knocking out loads of units that just sell out super fast and yet some stores are going over two months between restocks. Argos and GAME have been roughly monthly, Shopto sometimes gets them too but it's common for each to only make allocations available as £650+ bundles too.

It's nuts that the overall sales for the system are so high, makes me feel they're just being prioritised for other markets. Doesn't inspire much confidence supply will be fixed soon.

As a side note, we're nearly a year on so when it comes to Series X I don't buy that the same issues exist on that side of things. I just think it's expensive to produce, there are supply chain restrictions to work around and demand for it doesn't exist in enough quantity for it to warrant the manufacturing focus on making more than they are of it.

Comment

I've never seen them come into Amazon, Argos, Curry's etc... for more than a second and they're gone and that seems to be monthly.

The best chances I've seen are on BT, where I'm a fibre customer, as they offer a priority queue system with unique codes sent out to interested customers. I've hovered over the buy button on about 3 occasions but decided against it.

As for Xbox. I think it's true the Series S is now fairly widely available but the Series X isn't. They also seem to be covering more markets at the moment which I think just makes the shortages look worse.

Comment

It's nuts that nearly a year on CEX is still selling them for £655 at the cheapest level.

Comment

I've had emails from Argos advertising the Series S as a 'next gen console you can buy right now', so its availability versus the other machines seems to be being made into an actual selling point.

I would not have guessed that shortages would have gone on this long for PS5 and Series X. It's nuts.

Comment

If Series X's shortages are genuine and it's genuinely been a case that MS simply can't produce them in any high number then the Series S has been an utter god send for them. It's clear that there's not really that much demand for the Series S so I can't imagine the position this gens Xbox would be in if Series S hadn't been hoovering up impatient gamers all these months.

Comment

A proper examination of the new ps5 version vs old.
                        tl:dr: The new runs cooler. Everything else is the same across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          It's nuts that nearly a year on CEX is still selling them for £655 at the cheapest level.
                          Yeah CEX can get stuffed.

If you look on places like Facebook marketplace you can see most disc versions are now going for £500-550 so not as crazy. There's still a few going for way more but I've seen the prices come down recently... I refuse to go that route though as it's just giving the scalpers what they want.

Comment

CEX's prices kinda have to be that high so they can offer a high enough trade price that people actually sell units to them.

Comment

Just after launch last year i went to Dorset on holiday. One day in weymouth we popped into the cex just out of curiosity as I hadn’t been in one in years. They had a PS5 just come in, as soon as it went into the window at £995 there were 3 people queuing up for it to buy.

Scalper prices have fallen slightly but its just unbelievable demand a year on, and its not like Sony aren’t making any, there making literally millions and its like the console hasn’t even launched its that scarce.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                A proper examination of the new ps5 version vs old.
                                tl:dr: The new runs cooler. Everything else is the same across the board.

https://www.igorslab.de/en/sony-play...view-is-wrong/
                                That's an interesting read!

Comment

Working...
                                X