No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm disgusted that you didn't start with Astro Bot.

Comment

Amazon came through with my Digital Edition. Currently downloading Demon's Souls. The console itself doesn't look or feel remotely premium in the flesh. I like the design, just not the materials used. The controller has some meat to it, but the sticks don't feel particularly high quality.

Comment

Opposite, mines beside my Switch and PS3 and it's definitely more premium feeling than either

Comment

I'm comparing it to portable Sony MiniDisc recorders from the late 90s/early 2000s. Those things felt premium AF. PS5 doesn't shine a candle to that sort of construction.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
            I'm comparing it to portable Sony MiniDisc recorders from the late 90s/early 2000s. Those things felt premium AF. PS5 doesn't shine a candle to that sort of construction.
            Nothing ever will. Loved my Sony Minidisc.

Comment

Just unboxed mine. The new pad feels MUCH better than the DS4, thank goodness! I really liked the DS4 at the start of the gen as it felt like a real jump over the DS3, but once I got a One S I found the pad on that far better and it showed the DS4's shortcomings.

Haven't plugged it in and started it up yet, but it's a big boy. I (still) really like the design.

Comment

Astrobot is just the biggest all over again

Comment

Yeah, it really is. Been playing it while Demon's Souls is downloading, and it's really well done. I'm sure the novelty will wear off, but as a time waster waiting for things to download and install, it's perfect.

Comment

Just unboxed the PS5 and blimey its big but i love the design of it even more now i can physcially see and hold it for myself, certainly feels very premium to me. But without doubt the star is that controller, boy is it incredible. Its like nothing else i have ever used and its not hyperbowl, its a massive leap from anything i have used before in a controller, much like using the N64 controller and the rumble pack or the Wii Remote for the first time, very different experiences of course but its a game changer for me.

I totally understand how every reviewer of the PS5 has said in thats its hard to explain and its just something you have to experience for youself. I have been playing Astrobot and its such an amazing experience, the only way i can describe it is that it feels like there are hundreds of tiny little rumble motors all over the controller all combining at once or in a mixture of combinations, coupled with the speaker its very clever. I dont know how it works nor do i want to as its quite magical. I really, really hope this is something that is well utilisedin the future because it brings another level of immersion. Only initial impressions but my god its been well worth the wait.
                    Last edited by gambit6613; 19-11-2020, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                      Just unboxed the PS5 and blimey its big but i love the design of it even more now i can physcially see and hold it for myself, certainly feels very premium to me. But without doubt the star is that controller, boy is it incredible. Its like nothing else i have ever used and its not hyperbowl, its a massive leap from anything i have used before in a controller, much like using the N64 controller and the rumble pack or the Wii Remote for the first time, very different experiences of course but its a game changer for me.

I totally understand how ever reviewer of the PS5 has said in thats its hard to explain and its just something you have to experience for youself. I have been playing Astrobot and its such an amazing experience, the only way i can describe it is that it feels like there are hundreds of tiny little rumble motors all over the controller all combining at once or in a mixture of combinations, coupled with the speaker its very clever. I dont know how it works nor do i want to as its quite magical. I really, really hope this is something that is well utilisedin the future because it brings another level of immersion. Only initial impressions but my god its been well worth the wait.
                      Awesome summary! I finish work in 5 minutes then I get to go home and unbox my PS5 gANGSTA Edition. I can't wait to try Astro!

Comment

Console arrived.

Sackboy adventures wont copy or install, just errors.

Spiderman installed and updated.

Demons souls installing.

Anyone else had errors with copying or installing games?

Comment

Has Miles been declared safe to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Not sure ? Also the rest mode issue ?

Comment

Mine arrived at 1:30. Been setting it up and playing around.
                              Question: Can you download more than one thing at a time? Everything is queued.

Also, it boots up so fast that it beats my monitor turning on.
                              Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 19-11-2020, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X