Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulus View Post
    Has anybody on here pre-ordered their PS5 from Box.co.uk?

I've been trying to pay the balance on my PS5 Pre-Order for over 3 hours now, after clicking "Confirm & Pay" I get a few spinning dots for 5 seconds & then nothing. Their email to me explains I have until 5pm to do this. Live Chat just said dont worry it will go through eventually. Is this a Mickey Mouse Operation?
    Yes, one of mine is through them. I got it in just before they went 'sold out', though, and I got an email from them saying I'd receive it in the second shipment around Dec 10th.

Weird that you had to log in to pay - was there a reason they couldn't just grab the money off your card?

Did you manage to get it paid before 5pm in the end?

Comment

10th December? Jeez this doesn't bode well for getting my lad one for Xmas.

Comment

Finger on the buzzer on Thursday morning [MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION]! Amazon UK have said they will have stock available. Their preorders back in September went live at 9am (and were gone by ~9.10), so I would be refreshing the page from 8 or 8.30 onwards if I were you.

Comment

Got all excited just now, an email from Smyths flashed up on my phone, maybe some movement on my PS5 i thought. Nope just a damn email about there catalouge FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Finger on the buzzer on Thursday morning [MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION]! Amazon UK have said they will have stock available. Their preorders back in September went live at 9am (and were gone by ~9.10), so I would be refreshing the page from 8 or 8.30 onwards if I were you.
            I have an alert from Amazon to tell when they have stock. Something tells me that the 'alert' button is hardwired to absolutely nothing. Will try to keep an eye out at work.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't rely on that mate, I bet it will be too slow. I doubt it's designed for a situation where stock will sell out in minutes. I would keep the page open and refresh if you can.

Comment

If I fail to get him one (He's not having mine ), but at least he has PS5 Simulator to fall back on

Comment

Watching vids on Demon's and Spidey Miles I know I'll be in a quandary on fidelity versus frame-rate options. Gut feeling says with Miles I'll want to see all that eye-candy goodness in full effect ... Demon's I think will excel at 60fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Watching vids on Demon's and Spidey Miles I know I'll be in a quandary on fidelity versus frame-rate options. Gut feeling says with Miles I'll want to see all that eye-candy goodness in full effect ... Demon's I think will excel at 60fps.
                    I can't help but go for 60fps whenever I'm given the option. I just can't give up that smoothness, much as I want the eye candy.

Comment

Has anyone pre-ordered with Curry's?

If so have you received any contact from them about your pre-order - shipping etc?

A mate has a pre-order in with them and is stressing because he's heard nothing.

Comment

I'll be going 60fps. No point staying in fidelity when I've only got 1080p. But I've still yet to play a Souls game in 60fps. Can't wait to feel the difference. I'm sure it will give you an edge too.

Comment

I can live with 30fps , I’m looking forward to sharper resolution

Comment

Work just gave me £55 in Amazon vouchers today and I now hear there's more stock coming in on Thursday... Must be a sign right?!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Yes, one of mine is through them. I got it in just before they went 'sold out', though, and I got an email from them saying I'd receive it in the second shipment around Dec 10th.

Weird that you had to log in to pay - was there a reason they couldn't just grab the money off your card?

Did you manage to get it paid before 5pm in the end?
                              Nope, they blamed Amazon Pay who I amazingly got through to on the phone. After sending screenshots of the problem they escalated it to Tech Support and then explained these investigations can take 1-3 days. I've asked Box to hold my order for 3 days until Amazon finish or give me another way to pay. You couldn't make this farce up!

Comment

Got dispatch confirmation from Game just now woooooooooooooooooooooooop!

Comment

Working...
                                X