Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    I’ve run out of USB ports (now the VR & camera are set up) ... so my question is: can the DualSense be charged connected to any console?
    I charge mine off the USB port on my TV

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      I charge mine via my PC since I use it there a lot. Other consoles should be fine although they may have to be turned on.
      Now why does the DuelSense charge off a pc but not a direct usb on a wall socket, this is really bugging me, same for Switch pro controller.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Now why does the DuelSense charge off a pc but not a direct usb on a wall socket, this is really bugging me, same for Switch pro controller.
        I just plugged mine in to test and the led flashed orange for just a second which is what it does on my PC. Not sure if that means its charging or not but its never died on me so I'm assuming so.

Comment

Mine charges ok from a wall socket?

Comment

Originally posted by dazza_cole View Post
            Mine charges ok from a wall socket?
            From a built in usb on your wall socket?

Comment

I missed that bit. I'm using a USB plug.

Comment

No, from one of those plugs with a usb on it. Sorry, I misread the “direct usb” in your original post

Comment

I can’t find any info as to the “why” it wont charge, must have some kind of handshake on the controller when it’s plugged in.

Comment

Mine won't charge off a USB wall charger, I assumed that the controller is programmed to draw current at a certain rate to charge and the wall charger directly sends in too much so the controller rejects it. Might be completely wrong though. I think I've charged mine once by plugging it into my PS3 though

Comment

Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Mine won't charge off a USB wall charger, I assumed that the controller is programmed to draw current at a certain rate to charge and the wall charger directly sends in too much so the controller rejects it. Might be completely wrong though. I think I've charged mine once by plugging it into my PS3 though
                        Yeah I think that's exactly it. Phones have the same things but they drop to slow charging if the current isn't correct to protect the battery. I guess the controller doesn't have that feature, so just stops charging completely.

Comment

That's weird. Mine charges fine using an iPhone charger. It's what I always use.

Comment

Took them long enough but great to see this coming tomorrow...

Comment

Kind of mind boggling that Bloodborne, a Sony IP, regarded by many as the best game ever made, five years after release still has a very active online community of players, is behind a game like God of Snore for a 60fps patch.

Comment

God of War has sold more than 12 million copies whereas Bloodborne has sold over 2 million.

Not difficult to see where the focus should go from Sony's perspective. Also, Santa Monica is a huge studio whereas FROM maybe don't have the resources to go back and work on a patch.

Comment

Working...
                                X