No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did each game cost to develop? How many people are still regularly playing each game? Regardless of the answer to those questions, I still think it's laughable that Sony are letting Bloodborne languish at sub-optimal performance when one person without access to source code was able to hack the game to run at a stable 60fps on the PS4 Pro. I also think it's laughable to compare a masterpiece like Bloodborne to mass market tat like God of War.

Comment

Originally posted by bcass View Post
      Kind of mind boggling that Bloodborne, a Sony IP, regarded by many as the best game ever made, five years after release still has a very active online community of players, is behind a game like God of Snore for a 60fps patch.
      Not sure where to start with this bcass?

Comment

Okay [MENTION=200]bcass[/MENTION]. You're entitled to your opinion of course but to call God of War "mass market tat" is a little hysterical.

Comment

Happy about the God of war update, haven't played it yet.
          Bloodborne does need a patch.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            Okay [MENTION=200]bcass[/MENTION]. You're entitled to your opinion of course but to call God of War "mass market tat" is a little hysterical.
            Nah, it's how I feel about all of Sony's IP. I utterly despise all their narrative-driven games. I only buy Sony consoles to play the FromSoft exclusives.

Comment

Nah, it's how I feel about all of Sony's IP. I utterly despise all their narrative-driven games. I only buy Sony consoles to play the FromSoft exclusives.
              Must admit I’ve no interest in playing these big Sony first party games. God of War was ok for a bit, but yet another graphical showcase third person narrative driven game just isn’t up my street. But it’s Sony’s marketing budget paying for stuff that will look good in screenshots and web videos.

Comment

You shouldn’t despise Sony to much, they took the gamble and paid for the development of the original Demons Souls which went on to spawn the (sub genre?) of adventure games in the first place, so you’d of never had Bloodborne at all without them, irony obviously lost there?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  You shouldn’t despise Sony to much, they took the gamble and paid for the development of the original Demons Souls which went on to spawn the (sub genre?) of adventure games in the first place, so you’d of never had Bloodborne at all without them, irony obviously lost there?
                  Oh, I haven't always despised Sony. They were fine before they became obsessed with making video games resemble the worst junk that comes out of Hollywood. Also, I'm not sure about Sony being purely responsible for Demon's Souls. I think it would have surfaced in some form on some format had Sony not got involved with its development.

Comment

I kind of know what you mean. I'm playing Spiderman and I'm really enjoying it. You could argue its just another 3rd person from Sony but I doubt you can do Spiderman any other way, so I think it gets away with it.
                    As for God of War, if it wasn't free on PS5 I probably wouldn't ever get it. Same as I never got Horizon or any of the Uncharted games. Just doesn't fire me up.

Comment

Erm, Shadow of the Colossus?

Comment

If you really must be angry about Bloodborne not being patched, you could at least direct it at From, who are the ones responsible for (not) doing it. Personally yes, a patch would be nice, but I'd much sooner that they continue working on new things than be forced to update everything for the PS5.

I'm not a fan of games chasing after Hollywood blockbuster status either, but I reckon there's enough substance in God of War for me to at least give it a shot. It was a nice freebie to begin with, and this update is very welcome.

Comment

I'm not angry, I'll be playing it at 60fps this month when Lance McDonald publicly releases his patch. Sony own the IP, and they co-developed the game so they will have access to all source code. Sony also have considerably more resources at their disposal than From. Given how beloved the game generally is (not uncommon to see it cited as the best game ever made) it's super-weird that Sony have done nothing with it yet.

Comment

Destruction All Stars, had at go at all the modes and despite playing well while having 15 players in some smallish arenas, it's deeply boring, it take forever to load into matches, the matches go on to long, there's just something missing in the sound effects and the collisions, the arenas all look the same and a stupid limit on the characters you can pick (4 copies in solo mode, 2 copies in team modes) so the only good character the King(tekken) knock-off is selected right of the bat, everyone else worthless.

And another huge crime, i couldn't find the mute button and as the first Ps5 only MP game(and 'free') the default of live pad mic's turned on is total mess giving you 10+ kids screaming into there pads(and probably don't know it's on). It's definitely not on the player select load in (like every MP game ever), I tried in the options menus, looking in the pause options and player menu...

Team Modes are a mess, 8v8 but in the 4 team matches i've had so far it's finished with under 6 players in the match, half of them no clue how to bank points, just driving their car into the middle for 1pt over and over...

Comment

It looked utter garbage from the first vids that appeared.

Comment

I agree with all that.
                                It should have been an SSX/Destruction Derby mashup.

Comment

Working...
                                X