No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A law firm in New York has filed a class action suit against Sony about the joystick drift on PS5 pads.

Law firm Chimicles Schwartz Kriner & Donaldson-Smith LLP filed a class action lawsuit against Sony regarding the PlaySt…

Comment

Sony will repair or replace the controller with no issues though?

Comment

It's the same analogue stick component as the ds4, which also has drift.
        I either don't notice it, or have never had it.

Comment

I've had it on about 6 DS4's between my brother and I, sometimes fresh out of the box. I hope this forces some change in the design somehow. Sony have been good at replacing them, though it's a hassle having to send out a controller.

Comment

In this thread only because of the amount of times Sony has been linked to these long running rumours:

Almost no-one could pull off a new worthy MGS at this point. Bloober don't have the chops for Silent Hill either so it feels Konami's franchises will remain in the murky depths

Comment

This rumour is so persistent you can't help believing something is going on.

Comment

Silent Hill or MGS would only be given to, kojima (almost 0% likely) Sony Japan or BluePoint to handle. No one else would really be up to the job.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Silent Hill or MGS would only be given to, kojima (almost 0% likely) Sony Japan or BluePoint to handle. No one else would really be up to the job.
                  I think it's more like SHOULD. Konami will likely give it to any old schmuck so they can get back to one arm bandits.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                    I've had it on about 6 DS4's between my brother and I, sometimes fresh out of the box. I hope this forces some change in the design somehow. Sony have been good at replacing them, though it's a hassle having to send out a controller.
                    I've had at least a dozen pads(Including a load of faulty ones I repaired) and haven't experienced drift once. Funnily enough, the only pad that developed a fault was the one I had modded when I worked at Scuf. Had it for ages, got the back paddles put on and then it started acting up about two months after that.

Comment

Theres been soooooooo many rumours around Sony handling Silent Hill remake id be very surprised if theres no smoke without fire, see what happens I guess.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if Sony was involved in a Silent Hill but they'd be as broad as long to reboot Forbidden Siren instead and not have to split the IP. Likewise, blasphemous to some, after MGS5 I'm fine with Kojima not making another entry in that series either. It'd be nice for Bluepoint or someone to finally get a version of MGS4 off PS3 though

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          A law firm in New York has filed a class action suit against Sony about the joystick drift on PS5 pads.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...d-against-sony

Just watched this was it came up on my feed... Is this as bad as the switch? I've thankfully not had a problem with mine (switch) but I'd be pretty annoyed if my brand new controller started showing issues after a few months of standard use.

Comment

I haven't heard of the issue to anywhere near the extent of the Joycon issues, tbh I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't just a bandwagon jumping case due to the joycon and how popular PS5 is

Comment

I'm surprised that they used the same analogue stick component as the ds4 considering it had problems

Comment

I didn’t think DS4 had drift whatsoever, thought it was just another hyperbolic thread on era to be honest about the DuelSense. I’m sure its affecting a tiny % of users but certainly not on JoyCon level or worthy of a court case, especially when Sony will replace or repair with no issues.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-02-2021, 14:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X