No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't be buying 1tb Xbox expansion unless £80. £180 is a Nintendo console in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      I won't be buying 1tb Xbox expansion unless £80. £180 is a Nintendo console in my mind.
      In blue no less...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        In blue no less...
        Purple

Comment

Just give it another year or two, at the rate Activision are going with their install footprints future Call of Duty games will need to include the 1TB Expansion as a pack in

Comment

I see that important stuff like being able to backup PS5 game saves to USB and the ability to delete PS5 game saves without deleting the entire save file are still missing.

Comment

The Update is live now and looks like you can switch off the automatic HDR for games that do not actually support it .

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                The Update is live now and looks like you can switch off the automatic HDR for games that do not actually support it .
                Ah, OK, I didn't realise it was doing that. When I played Crash Bandicoot 4, pre-patch, I had to go into the settings and shut off HDR globally because it was trying to impose it on a game that wasn't set up for it. Looked really washed out until I did that. Glad to hear they've fixed that.

Comment

Its a good Update but the PS5 still ahs a long way to go, Add VRR and make storage a lot bigger for PS5 Games.

Comment

No VRR support yet.

Disk drives still spinning up every hour.

Come on Sony.

Comment

It's probably just me, but I never get the whole storage thing. I never really play more than a couple of games at a time, so I just delete stuff. I've never actually purchased any storage expansion for any my consoles, I don't think.

Comment

Its kind of a big problem. Games like cod take up over half the ssd when everything is installed, coupled with game file sizes have definitely not shrunk like Sony said they should, so year, its a major headache.

Cold storage should alleviate this mostly however.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          It's probably just me, but I never get the whole storage thing. I never really play more than a couple of games at a time, so I just delete stuff. I've never actually purchased any storage expansion for any my consoles, I don't think.
                          It's not just you. There are way more important things that need fixing on this system that they have completely ignored. It's really quite bizarre.

Comment

If they put more people onto working on the patches they'd have less to help them count the $$$

Comment

My PS5 arrived this morning. I've gone through the initial setup and am currently updating the system software. I declined the option to transfer my PS4 games & saves to the PS5 because I want to save storage space. Can I remove the existing HDD (a 2GB SSD hybrid if I remember correctly) inside my PS4 Pro, bung it into an external caddy, then plug it straight into a PS5 USB port and access the content?
                              Last edited by Zen Monkey; 14-04-2021, 16:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                                My PS5 arrived this morning. I've gone through the initial setup and am currently updating the system software. I declined the option to transfer my PS4 games & saves to the PS5 because I want to save storage space. Can I take the existing HDD (a 2GB SSD hybrid if I remember correctly) out of my PS4 Pro, bung it into an external caddy and plug that straight into the PS5?
                                I'm pretty sure that the drive will format when you first plug it in.

I copied all my games from my Pro onto an external drive and plugged that into my PS5 which worked fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X