Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    I've never been a big exclusives game player. I'm more then happy to use the PS5 and a PS4 with extra grunt right now. I have a tonne of stuff still to play.
    If I had gone with xbox last gen, I'd have got the seriesX to do the same thing. I think most will at this stage.
    This is exactly me now. Since having 3 kids I'm not bothered in the slightest about getting a new game day one and even less about it it's an exclusive or not.

I'm loving the Series X getting some enhancements on games I already had in my backlog and I've basically got more games to sample than I'll ever have time to actually play...

I missed the PS4 era games and I'll definitely get onto them when I get a PS5, but I'm in no rush. The launch hype has died for me on that one, so it's now resigned to something I'll look at laterb when things are less crazy and there's more games and better system features.

Comment

I used my PS5 to watch a film streamed over Prime Video last night.

For no reason other than I could plug a set of headphones into the DualSense and crank the volume and not sorry about waking the kids.

Was bliss!

Comment

PS5's first year line up is fine simply by the metric of comparing it to any other PS consoles first year. XSX's line up... well, it simply doesn't exist. Now that I've had Game Pass running for nearly a fortnight too, it's definitely good value but its selection is more limited than it first appears and it definitely isn't a substitute for new content, it's solely the Day One releases that mark it out as special really.

Comment

Update. Yep disk drive hasn’t spun up once all afternoon except for when first putting a game on for whatever checks it does.

Comment

The console still auto installs, on every boot, any PS4 disc you have in the drive. I need the disc for Marvels Avengers (don't judge me!) in the system to let me play the PS5 version, so that's proper annoying. Did notice you can press square now, to reveal hidden trophy information, like how it was on PS4. You don't need to press options > reveal information anymore, even though you can still do that. Also, slight nag, but in the new Game Base layout they have put Parties first instead of Friends. More clicks to get what I want, instead of less :thumbsdown;

Comment

Have you tried a reset to factory Adam, that issue was resolved fairly quickly so shouldn’t still be happening.

Comment

I think that's a different issue, although similiar. Had a look and bunch of people on reddit were also complaining about it.

Comment

After the system update, the controller got updated too and some are saying its more responsive and the vibration is better on ps4 games. I can notice the vibration definitely, I thought the ps4 games didn't vibrate very well but its better now.

Comment

Here is an odd one, my new controller is almost a gram heavier than the one that comes with the PS5?!

Comment

That's where Sony has been hiding the extra Teraflop

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        PS5's first year line up is fine simply by the metric of comparing it to any other PS consoles first year. XSX's line up... well, it simply doesn't exist. Now that I've had Game Pass running for nearly a fortnight too, it's definitely good value but its selection is more limited than it first appears and it definitely isn't a substitute for new content, it's solely the Day One releases that mark it out as special really.
                        That's the issue really loads of old content nothing new and exciting due, their seems to be zero hype surrounding its new Halo too as whats was shown was pretty embarrassing. A lot of its big franchises feel worn out too, Gears of war, Forza ect all feel past their peak their fun still don't get me wrong but the draw doesn't seem their anymore like it was in the 360 days.

Where are the games to get excited about, purchasing studios post launch is never going to fix this and its gonna be a good couple of years before we see any real traction from this. do i want to play Skyrim and Fallout again? and are they really that good value when a disk can be be picked up for a few quid and you can play it at your leisure. It got me thinking you really want to be playing lots of different games, Putting hundreds of hours into Fallout 4 and skyrim and paying £120 a year for the privilege is not good value.

No doubt by the time we see any real exclusives an update of the series x will be out that is on par with current gen pc's and called something vaguely confusing like the xbox sequence X.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 19-04-2021, 11:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          That's where Sony has been hiding the extra Teraflop
                          Made me choke on my tea!

I'm temped to open it up and have a look.

Comment

Hang on, why are you weighing your controllers in the first place?!

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              see any real exclusives
                              Not going to happen.

an update of the series x will be out that is on par with current gen pc's
                              Not going to happen, unless you mean a 2025 Xbox being on par with a 2020 PC.

called something vaguely confusing like the xbox sequence X.
                              Definitely going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Hang on, why are you weighing your controllers in the first place?!
                                It felt heavier so I wanted to see if it actually was or if I was having a moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X