No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the console looks fine in all black, with the face plates switched out, but the accessories absolutely need that two tone as its part of the design.

Comment

I don't really mind the console. It's just big white thing off to one side that I don't really see once I'm playing. But then I liked the ps2 design.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        It's just big white thing off to one side that I don't really see once I'm playing.
        I said the same thing but then she walks into the room and catches me at it and before you know it won't talk to me for days until I... ah, you're talking about PS5...

Comment

What? You got Subnautica free with "Days of Play"?

Well, have the PS5 version for free as well!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            What? You got Subnautica free with "Days of Play"?

Well, have the PS5 version for free as well!
            Yeah and it's 70% smaller and just 3.8gb. It's a trend we are starting to see. PS5 games with compression and non repeating assets are much smaller in size.

Comment

If it turns out that everything could've actually been half the size this past gen and it's all just been to hide crappy load times, I'll be er... err... mildly irked, I tells you!

Comment

Sony just dropped the Last of Us 2 PS5 patch it seems.

Better resolution.
                Targets 60fps.

Live now apparently. Hot diggity i’m on this when i get home woooooop.

Edit. yep its real, my pal just downloaded it.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 19-05-2021, 16:36.

Comment

^^^ awesome ^^^

Comment

Oh that is good news. I've been waiting to play that.

Comment

It's just a frame rate unlock patch. Resolution is still 1440p using temporal AA to make it look nice.

That's according to Digital Foundry anyway.

Comment

Well its better than a kick in the nuts so im taking my 60fps and swaggering home tonight to finally get into this without vomiting. What a nice surprise today.

Comment

Sounds like it's locked to 60 for the whole game, which is nice.

Comment

Now, did i delete in the install last week to free up space on my hd, uh oooo 😕

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              It's just a frame rate unlock patch. Resolution is still 1440p using temporal AA to make it look nice.

That's according to Digital Foundry anyway.
                              That's still decent... Sony need to get their crap sorted out and get this sort of thing done for all their major games. Hopefully Horizon Zero Dawn gets a similar patch.

Comment

Good news. I might get it now.
                                If I remember, doesn't Horizon have some weird set up that ties the resolution to the framerate making it difficult to make 60?

Comment

Working...
                                X