• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncharted 4 also listed for PC release.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      -The Disc Edition of PS5 will likely break even during June 2021
      Me: I'm going to be super pissed if mine breaks at all, nevermind next month!

\facepalm

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        Me: I'm going to be super pissed if mine breaks at all, nevermind next month!

\facepalm
        Just wait till that firmware patch increases the fan use...

Comment

Horizon on PC saw a 250% return on investment for Sony so belated PC ports look likely to be a permanent fixture if that continues

Comment

Era: Sony confirmed day and date pc release from now on! Threads in 3.2.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              Horizon on PC saw a 250% return on investment for Sony so belated PC ports look likely to be a permanent fixture if that continues
              It'll be interesting to see what numbers Days Gone does and any other title they bring across but thats a healthy enough return.

I know Sony is known for its exclusives but it still needs extra revenue sources... It's a no brainer really.

Comment

So what you're saying is, if I own a good pc I can play everything?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  So what you're saying is, if I own a good pc I can play everything?
                  Eventually,... Yes.

Comment

I think this will become more common now the box is open, however it’ll never be day and date, you’ll be waiting a gen to play them, or like 5 years. The console business is just worth too much for them to sacrifice the loss of console sales, plus all the associated royalty’s etc etc.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 27-05-2021, 18:35.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      I think this will become more common now the box is open, however it’ll never be day and date, you’ll be waiting a gen to play them, of like 5 years. The console business is just worth too much to then to sacrifice the loss of console sales, plus all the associated royalty’s etc etc.
                      I think for those big hitter exclusives you're looking at a 2-3 year wait minimum... I would imagine once the games RRP has dropped a good 70% it's going to be a prime candidate for this.

Comment

I think in part it's a recognition that there is a difference between the PC market and the console market. There are plenty of console players who would never bother investing in a PC and aren't interested in that experience. The uplift in entry fee is substantial, the boxes are usually bigger, and it's just generally a bit more fiddly too. So the danger of losing a lot of those people's hardware purchases is probably fairly limited.

Likewise there are plenty of PC master race die hards who will never lower themselves to a PeasantStation5 or a MehBox X. So you might as well sell them stuff on the platform they will buy it on.

Comment

It's a bit like what Rockstar does, wait at least a year and then pull in the extra sales and double dippers

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            Just wait till that firmware patch increases the fan use...
                            ...is that a good thing or a bad thing?
                            Do we have the update to let you use internal SD drives yet?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              ...is that a good thing or a bad thing?
                              Do we have the update to let you use internal SD drives yet?
                              Who knows... Though running hotter and the fans kicking in to cool the extra SSD will probably not help it over time, it just depends on how hard the fan has to work to cool it all.

Honestly besides noise I doubt it'll be an issue, I was just joking about it's potential to put a few units out of action.

Comment

I've not even taken it out of the box yet

Comment

Working...
                                X