Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam View Post
    Doom Eternals PS5 upgrade is out. Looks snazzy.
    Ta for the heads up. Great excuse to revisit a great game. d/ling for the X now.

Comment

Not sure how its 68gb. Seems a bit unnecessary.

Comment

Those non-repeating high-res textures.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Yep, it's hard to imagine the acquisition of Bluepoint being incorrect rather than slipped out too early. Both make sense for Sony to pick up particularly Bluepoint who are simply *chef's kiss*

Given the slam dunk Sony made with the bargain Insomniac purchase these are likely economical smart buys

Insomniac are looking like the bargain of the century coming from any angle. Not only are they hyper organised, they are tech wizzards, consistent, prop up other studios and pass on knowledge with what they learn, plus most importantly highly profitable with every game.

Comment

Sony Middle East posted a tweet then retracted a pic with Square Enix welcome to the family.

Love these random Tuesdays.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Sony Middle East posted a tweet then retracted a pic with Square Enix welcome to the family.

Love these random Tuesdays.
              Doubt it. Square are a public company, you'd see news in financial papers about an acquisition months before its announced officially.

Comment

Well it was the official Twitter of Sony Middle East so means something there going to announce.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Well it was the official Twitter of Sony Middle East so means something there going to announce.
                  Maybe a close partnership with exclusives/timed. FF16 is likely to be timed.

Comment

According to a Famitsu interview:

-Talks started in 2020 but Returnal delayed them till now.
                    -The studio is going to be expanded
                    -The next project will 'go beyond' Returnal but still retain a focus on 'tight gameplay'
                    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 29-06-2021, 20:46.

Comment

Good logical moves by Sony. They were practically 1st party studios anyway... Doesn't seem to much of a leap to bring them fully in-house and expand on the talent.

Oh and Doom Eternal looks f-ing nuts now...

Comment

Comment

Never played Blops 4 but I'm up for giving it a bash. In a gaming slump atm but can see myself fragging some noobs.

Comment

Isn't Blops the only CoD with Co-op campaign?

I like how that sentence is gibberish to non-gamers.

EDIT: Urgh, no, there's not even a solo campaign.
                            Last edited by QualityChimp; 30-06-2021, 16:04.

Comment

I think it's the only CoD with no campaign whatsoever. It's an MP-only affair.

Black Ops 3 has a co-op campaign. Laudably, it even works splitscreen (which is how I played it through with a mate). Less laudably, it's a load of old cobblers. One of the worst CoDs I've played.

Comment

Black Ops IIII is brilliant. It was my first experience of CoD multi-player and I absolutely loved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X