No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow of the Tomb Raider probably the best facial animation I've seen in a game.

Comment

Yeah I loved the game, all three are excellent in fact.

Comment

I’ve had SOTR on my backlog for so long, glad I waited!

Comment

The PlayStation website has revealed the PS Plus games for August seemingly ahead of an official announcement.The websi…

PS+ August:

-Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
          -Tennis World Tour 2
          -Hunters Arena: Legends

Nope, Nope, Nope

Comment

Yeah, that is a seriously weak month for me.

Comment

Yup, nothing of interest sadly.

Comment

Sony must be doing something right.

Comment

Insomniac must be over the moon with 6.5m copy's sold now of Miles Morales, Ratchet sold over 1m as well so far.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 28-07-2021, 15:05.

Comment

Pretty amazing given the stock/chip shortages. It's a similar story for MS and Xbox in general... Basically gaming is popular right now!

Comment

I mean if these consoles were not in short supply, how many would they have sold?

Comment

A few more Series X, Series S is easy to pick up so I'm doubtful Xbox would see much more of a surge with higher supply. All 3 are doing gangbuster though so 7 years out we can already dispense with years of speculation there won't be PS6, Series SX2 etc which is nice

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          A few more Series X, Series S is easy to pick up so I'm doubtful Xbox would see much more of a surge with higher supply. All 3 are doing gangbuster though so 7 years out we can already dispense with years of speculation there won't be PS6, Series SX2 etc which is nice
                          You say that but last month Series consoles outsold PS5 in the US. Most have attributed that to more stock being available for them above what was available for PS5, which makes sense... But it goes to show when it is there they're selling out.

I think MS reported Xbox hardware sales were up 172% this quarter which again is insane given the situation.

As you say all three are just powering through records at the moment which is only good news for the industry and future plans.

Comment

Yep, US is always the MS outlier. After so much speculation it's been interesting to see hoe much COVID has been a boon to gaming abd as all 3 are pushing traditional gaming rather than something more gimmick laden like Wii was hopefully it means the bigger audience will stick around.

Comment

The pandemic has had a huge effect on gaming. I know I've bought and played more games now I'm 'working from home' than at any other time in my life.
                              Having more free time has definitely helped the new consoles sell.

In regards to Sonys sales, they have 110 million PlayStation owners. Most of those players have games, saves and friends all tied to the Sony brand. It's basically inevitable that it's going to sell a **** load, I'm just shocked at the speed it's sold.

Comment

New firmware beta adds/activates the M.2 SSD compatibility, 3D audio support for TV speakers, UX improvements and some customisation options.

Prices for M.2 SSD that are confirmed.

They are currently listed as UK price.
                                500gb £120
                                1TB £233
                                2TB £380
                                4TB £769

Comment

Working...
                                X