Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I'd like them to explain why some people are in cars and others are running around

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        I'd like them to explain why some people are in cars and others are running around
        You start a round on foot, run to car, smash up car, car explodes, back on foot using parkour to not get run over and score bonus points.

Comment

Sounds guff.

Comment

After giving up hope of getting one because of the lottery system here and the sheer demand for the system, I got a phone call today from the store to tell me I was one of those chosen in their lottery and a PS5 was waiting for me to buy within 3 days. Got it home within an hour and have been playing Astro most of the afternoon. Ive just ordered Miles and Demons Souls. Im also tempted to order Immortals Fenyx Rising along with either WRC 9 or Dirt 5, which would be the better option?

Comment

[MENTION=1646]Ghost[/MENTION] WRC9 is apparently amazing with the DualSense.

Immortals is great fun. Really recommended.

Comment

I thought clambering for PS5 would have calm down a bit by now still seems as rampant as ever. Argos/John Lewis and Amazon seem to sell quicker than they get them in. Still selling out everywhere unbelievably looking like June and beyond may calm down I hope. Just sold my PSVR for £200 got money in the bank waiting when one PS5 becomes available at a sensible price/actual price for Digital model. Not sure why RE: Village Maiden Demo was made exclusive to PS5 I found that quite annoying.

I see about 5 out of 20-50 on my PSN have PS5 so there is that.

Comment

CEX still charging £815 for em

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                    So apparently scalpers got 2000 units of the new allocation Game Digital got, Game are saying that they will rectify this which i seriously doubt Mike Ashley couldn't give two ****s who buys form his company's as long as people are buying.
                    Yeah I saw this Skill Up mentioned - time to see if the forum swear filter works: **** scalpers.

Edit - yeah, seems to work, that's a bit of luck

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                      CEX still charging £815 for em
                      And paying £625 cash.

Comment

I only remembered PS5 was actually out when I saw someones in their gaming set up in the retro section. This seems to be the gen where I'm 'dropping out', no interest in picking either a PS5 or Series X up. It doesn't really seem like there's that much of a buzz about them?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          It doesn't really seem like there's that much of a buzz about them?
                          Apart from the fact that they're completely sold out and going for a grand on Ebay, months after release?

Thinking about the PS5 now that I've owned it for a little while, it occurs to me how much I like it. I've instantly bonded with it as a machine much quicker than I did the PS4. It's quiet, the pad is excellent, the interface is quick and looks terrific in HDR. The store being integrated into the home screen is lovely. It's really a pleasure to use.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            You start a round on foot, run to car, smash up car, car explodes, back on foot using parkour to not get run over and score bonus points.
                            got to find a way to sell those Fortnite style skin packs

A quite reliable source whos been playing this quite a bit told me not to get too excited about it and manage expectations. This is coming form someone who plays a lot of free to play rubbish like Pladins, so his tollerace for this type of ****e is a lot higher than most.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Apart from the fact that they're completely sold out and going for a grand on Ebay, months after release?
                              Supply and demand. I don't know any of my friends who have one, don't remember seeing much if any advertising regarding them, don't hear anything about any stand out games on them. Maybe my Covid 19 bubble is just more secure than I thought and nothing including new gen console news is getting in.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                Supply and demand. I don't know any of my friends who have one, don't remember seeing much if any advertising regarding them, don't hear anything about any stand out games on them. Maybe my Covid 19 bubble is just more secure than I thought and nothing including new gen console news is getting in.
                                Yeah, the operative word being demand though!

On the other side of the coin, all of my close mates have got one (one even paid some silly price on Gumtree). I reckon the hype is real personally - perhaps bigger than for the PS4, or at least about the same. I'm sure lockdown certainly hasn't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X