Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ater-this-year

Beta program for PS5. This is great to see really... It's been a really positive thing on Xbox for a long time, allowing the community to test and give feedback on new features before they hit. Hopefully Sony can put it to good use in a similar way.
    There have been various Beta Trials for new features on the ps4 for quite some time now, i did a few but they don't always line up well. They had one that introduced the new increased party sizes before they went fully live. The bad thing was that it wasn't compatible with the previous party chat system so unless the other person was also on the beta software you couldn't join their party's. Hopefully the PS5 beta will not break anything like the ps4 one regularly did.

Comment

I love a good conspiracy theory and this one has pulled me in. I don't know if it's just people barking at the moon or what, but it's entertaining.

Dive down the rabbit hole with us as we explore the BLUE BOX Game Studios Abandoned Kojima Silent Hill conspiracy theories that suggest the prolific developer is up to his old tricks again.

Comment

To be honest, famous last words and all, given the history of Silent Hill post-Team Silent it'd be best to hope it isn't real.
        P.T was nice but gets way too much fanfare. It's hard to imagine an IP long past its prime, licensed from a company long past its prime, overseen by a man long past his prime would warrant so much attention seeking from Sony especially when they could just as simply make a fresh IP and keep all the coin for themselves. Silent Hill just isn't that big of a franchise to warrant this much effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          To be honest, famous last words and all, given the history of Silent Hill post-Team Silent it'd be best to hope it isn't real.
          P.T was nice but gets way too much fanfare. It's hard to imagine an IP long past its prime, licensed from a company long past its prime, overseen by a man long past his prime would warrant so much attention seeking from Sony especially when they could just as simply make a fresh IP and keep all the coin for themselves. Silent Hill just isn't that big of a franchise to warrant this much effort.
          Yeah. I'd like to see Kojima make a straight horror game, but it being Silent Hill doesn't matter much to me.
          Im interested to see which way this goes.

Comment

It's good publicity and a return to form with the original creator at its helm would see it winning many many internet points and good publicity, If the above is true then it makes a really cool artclie to do the rounds at all the usual outlets generating loads of free buzz. A good silent hill game would be amazing, the second and third are classics, (always found the first game far to ropey.)

Comment

It's a lot of work for a small team of people, but relative to running global media campaigns with ads plastered on buses and running on TV the cost is practically negligible. So I don't think it's too much effort to run this type of campaign.

Comment

Metro Exodus arrived this morning and installing now but it’s taking ages to install. Needs 70gb do download but crawling along. Never had an install this bad.

Comment

Comment

Dualsense uses Voice actuators like you'd find in speakers. Except instead of vibrating a speaker head it vibrates the controller. It's a good demonstration of how accurate they can vibrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      I love a good conspiracy theory and this one has pulled me in. I don't know if it's just people barking at the moon or what, but it's entertaining.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net...mpression=true
                      Throwing some more petrol on this; Konami are teasing new Silent Hill merch coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                        Metro Exodus arrived this morning and installing now but it’s taking ages to install. Needs 70gb do download but crawling along. Never had an install this bad.
                        I googled this a while ago because DMC5 Special Edition was taking ages to install. I found out that when you install a PS5 game it grabs the patch at the same time and merges them together and it takes aaaaaages. However, if you install the game without being connected to the internet, it can't grab the patch and installs much, much quicker. If you connect to the internet after installing to get the patch, the download speed for the patch is much faster because it is running the normal patching process, not patching during the install.

Comment

Genuinely intrigued to see how the Abandoned saga ends. I watched the reveal trailer again and the game was originally aiming to be out by Xmas and the little bit of gameplay is jank city naffness. But it's got people talking too so either this is genius level marketing or a perfect example of how a userbase can whip itself into a frenzy over even the ****iest looking jank

Comment

Genuinely intrigued to see how the Abandoned saga ends. I watched the reveal trailer again and the game was originally aiming to be out by Xmas and the little bit of gameplay is jank city naffness. But it's got people talking too so either this is genius level marketing or a perfect example of how a userbase can whip itself into a frenzy over even the ****iest looking jank
                            Bluebox say that the trailer they put out wasn't of the actual game play or anything even in game. Who the **** knows, it's all very interesting though.
                            The latest news is that the big reveal that was scheduled for Tuesday has been pushed back to Thursday. Again the Internet has gone mad saying its because Sony are going to do an event on Thursday and loop this in. Again, who the **** knows.

Comment

After the Switch Pro saga the internet has my full faith
                              To be honest, even if this is nothing Konami would be insane to see all this and then continue to sleep on the series.

Comment

After the Switch Pro saga the internet has my full faith
                                To be honest, even if this is nothing Konami would be insane to see all this and then continue to sleep on the series.
                                If people just stop reading Era these rumours go away, just made up nonsense on there from attention seekers. They take the slightest bit of info and whip it into something else entirely to suit themselves in 5 seconds flat.

Comment

Working...
                                X