No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Sonys answer to the internal expansion slot apparently was a matter of heat reduction profiles, which weren’t ready.

Their answer? More fan rpm.

Tell you what Sony, how about you shove that?

Comment

Kena and Ratchet for the foreseeable future for me but that’s ok

Comment

Kena looks nice visually in the cutscenes but I'm less convinced by the gameplay footage. I'm not completely sold on Deathloop either but the theme song was the best thing in the presentation

Comment

Sony unlocking storage port this summer

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            So Sonys answer to the internal expansion slot apparently was a matter of heat reduction profiles, which weren’t ready.

Their answer? More fan rpm.

Tell you what Sony, how about you shove that?
            Really? Hmm for a system already built around high SSD speeds and a lot of cooling I find that a little concerning. Definitely thermals are going to be an issue so it'll be interesting to see how much effort the fans have to give with two SSD onboard.

Comment

Makes sense to me. You're introducing internal elements that will heat up, the fans are going to have to speed up a bit to cool it more. I can't imagine it being much with a heatsink the size of Spain in there though.

Comment

Seems to be a number of noise issues with the console already.

Loud fans (from a certain manufacturer) some are quiet but its a lottery.
                Coil whine.
                Disk drive is insufferable spinning up all the time.

Add a high rpm to that and its really not a good situation.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Seems to be a number of noise issues with the console already.

Loud fans (from a certain manufacturer) some are quiet but its a lottery.
                  Coil whine.
                  Disk drive is insufferable spinning up all the time.

Add a high rpm to that and its really not a good situation.
                  It's not as bad as you make it sound. Mine is quiet.
                  The coil whine is only really there on some games like No man's sky or Control and I've heard much worse (I'm looking at you crappy IBM monitors!)
                  My fan is quiet. Ive heard something about a sticker that falls in to the fan. I have no idea what thats all about, but you can at least access the fan and remove the offending item.
                  Disk drive... Yeah that's real annoying.

Comment

Well yes i am being honest, mines quite as a mouse apart from the disk drive issue.

Hopefully the rpm increase isn’t that bad and is barely noticeable.

Still no acknowledgement of the disk drive spin up issue though unfortunately, hopefully this gets sorted sooner than later.

Cold storage as well was announced then nothing since, this would solve the storage issue overnight.

Comment

Bit late but Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade is just what I've been waiting for. I think the PS4 version had some texture loading issues which have hopefully been fixed.

Unrelated but Yakuza: Like A Dragon is supposed to be getting its PS5 upgrade in March. The PS5 release is 02/03/2021 and hopefully its a day one release upgrade.

-edit-
                      Just thinking, they're going to want 70 quid for this on PS5. No way the Yuffie DLC is going to be that much and the game can be had for under £25 on PS4 brand new.

That's definitely the route I'll be taking.
                      Last edited by Cepp; 26-02-2021, 22:50.

Comment

PS4 version by then will be £20 by the time the update is out so no brainer value wise.

Comment

Saw on PSN they are selling a Deluxe edition of FF7 Intergrade, which comes with a unique Yuffie weapon "Cacstar". Don't weapons have skills you can keep after you unlock them? None of us uprading from the PS4 version will get that weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                            Saw on PSN they are selling a Deluxe edition of FF7 Intergrade, which comes with a unique Yuffie weapon "Cacstar". Don't weapons have skills you can keep after you unlock them? None of us uprading from the PS4 version will get that weapon.
                            Not sure, I only played the demo on PS4 but its worth the trade off if so.

Comment

Sony’s PlayStation group is done with the digital movie and TV transactional VOD business – shutting down its digital video store as of August 31st this year. At that time the PlayStation Store will stop offering movie and TV show purchases and rentals as Sony confirms it is exiting the transactional VOD business because it […]

PS Store is dropping all VOD service options

Comment

The English VA sure has come a long way since Yakuza 1. I think I might just play this with the dub!

Also, that trailer is legit awesome. What a way to hype up your game.

Comment

Working...
                                X