Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    I wouldn’t worry about it too much. A few people on the net can make anything seem like the end of the world. Like any launch theres issues, but there’s always going to be outright defective units, its built into the manufacturing failure expectancy.
    Yeah that's what I'm hoping although there do seem to be several individual reports and not just one story being repeated.

Hopefully it's as you say, a small number of defective units.

Comment

Had my dual sense charging dock today and Dirt 5. Looking forward to giving Dirt 5 a test drive later

Also bought a Samsung T5 SSD for my back compat PS4 games

Comment

Must admit most of the fun I'm having right now is via the backwards compat simply because there isn't much out there and I'm several years behind on PS4 games after selling my console. I was going to go for Dirt 5 but it sounds as grating as the Dirt 2 demo I played all those years ago (which turned me off from the game completely). WRC 9 seems to be either ignored or shat on. Yakuza: Like a Dragon looks right up my street but there's no PS5 version until next year and I kind of want to hold out for that.

Maybe I should just fork out the cash for Demon's Souls.

Comment

Dirt 5 is a horrible game, and a stain on the name dirt rally 2.0 was my most played game on PS4 ever, I will wait three years for dirt rally 3.0

dirt 2, 3 and the others are not a patch on the real sims like dirt rally 2.0. The only modern game to have no rewind button and rewarded the player .

Comment

Yeah... think I'll give it a pass. I'll just carry on with Fist of the North Star for now which has turned into a real highlight.

I was wanting to see if I could pick up a PSVR cheap but they seem to be holding their value quite well. I just really want to play Beat Saber again tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
              Dirt 5 is a horrible game, and a stain on the name dirt rally 2.0 was my most played game on PS4 ever, I will wait three years for dirt rally 3.0

dirt 2, 3 and the others are not a patch on the real sims like dirt rally 2.0. The only modern game to have no rewind button and rewarded the player .
              I honestly can't bring myself to buy Dirt 5 on the Series X simply because Forza Horizon 4 looks and plays so bloody nice now. I was about 60-70% through it before having gone back to it now Dirt 5 just looks like a mash up of ideas, most of which Horizon 4 does better.

Comment

Yes don’t bother just play the dirt challenges in Forza 4 , dirt 5 is horrible I sold mine at a £10 loss after day one,

Comment

You've both got me downloading the Forza Horizan 4 demo now

Comment

Forza Horizon 4 is the jewel in the Game Pass crown.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                      WRC 9 seems to be either ignored or shat on.
                      Got this a few days ago because it’s 50% off in the PS Store. The graphics doesn’t scream next-gen but it’s 4k60 and haptic feedback is great fun, the way you can feel the car losing/gaining grip, driving (badly) over branches and rock, as well as the various surfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                        You've both got me downloading the Forza Horizan 4 demo now
                        Don't bother with a demo, get the game of game pass now and just indulge. The only negative about Horizon 4 is it can be really overwhelming the sheer amount of content it throws at you but I've found if you just concentrate on one particular event type at a time and filter out the rest on the map it's easier to digest.

It runs like an absolute dream on the Series X now... The Lego DLC is also good for a laugh but gets difficult near the end.

Comment

Bugger off to the xbox thread you Forza groupies

Played a bit more Astrobot and a bit more Spider man last night and wow Miles is such a cool character, its properly got its hooks in me now and i kind of like that its a shorter experience (i think the price should of reflected this though full disclose a friend at Sony sent me a free code for it). its a smaller more distilled experience like Frozen wilds and i liked that dlc more than the full game as it takes all the best bits and removes all the guff and filler.

It's so much fun swinging around the city they have nailed that feeling of momentum perfectly. It's an amazing looking game the detail and draw distance is jaw dropping, when the sun hits the buildings and the reflections really pop at a rock solid 60fps it really feel like where in for a treat this gen if this is what their doing day one.

Comment

I've been playing Miles Morales in fidelity mode, it looks too good not to, ray tracing & all the detail is just amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              I've been playing Miles Morales in fidelity mode, it looks too good not to, ray tracing & all the detail is just amazing.
                              Yeah, I've stuck with fidelity too. When at street level it looks amazing ... the illuminated shop fronts/interiors and graffiti on the walls look fab, adds plenty of atmosphere.

Comment

Had this a week now. I'm absolutely loving the PS5. I'm not usually big in to PlayStation (Sega fan at heart) since the PS1 but having a blast with the PS5. I'm mainly using it as a super charged PS4 right now as the enhancements can be game changing. God of War runs flawless in frame rate mode but the star of the show is Ghosts of Tsushima, on PS5 it's jaw dropping. Like Microsoft, Sony have done a great job of integrating backwards compatibility as if the PS5 has a huge library straight out the box, it's well integrated in to the PS Store. Spider-man remastered is the definitive version and I'll start MM when I've finished it. I've ordered my Son a 2nd controller and we'll play Sackboy over Christmas.

As I've mentioned on other threads Astro is a gem. I reeeeally hope we see a full game release one day. It's so magical lol.

I've had no real issues with the UI, apart from my download list cancelling when losing internet connection but now everything is downloaded it's no big deal. I love the lay out and I've not seen any bugs from my experience as of yet.

Sony have knocked it out of the park and there are new releases on the way soon. I have the Series X and I know we'll see games eventually, and game pass is great, but Sony are winning at the moment (if that's still a thing). Over to you Microsoft...

Comment

Working...
                                X