No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've discovered another reason to love my PS5 this week. I tend to have a little grind early in the morning before work on Demon's Souls. I keep the soundbar off so not to wake anybody in the house. I've found that the controller with its haptics in tandem with the speaker give me enough feedback to play on without sound. You really need to experience it.
    Last edited by hudson; 27-11-2020, 14:14.

Comment

Pressing and holding the mic mute button on the controller mutes all sound. Pretty handy.

Comment

Anyone played Persona 5 Royal or Tony Hawks 1+2 on the PS5? Wondering if there’s any advantages other than load times, or any funny quirks

Comment

I believe they run fine. No frame rate improvements or anything, but I believe they run smooth anyway. Just faster loading times.

Comment

Originally posted by dazza_cole View Post
            Anyone played Persona 5 Royal or Tony Hawks 1+2 on the PS5? Wondering if there’s any advantages other than load times, or any funny quirks
            Persona 5 (although not the Royal version) is one of the PS Collection games that you get free with PS+. So I think you can at least be confident that it will run well.

Not sure on Tony Hawk's.

Comment

Borderlands 3 £10 on amazon at the moment. PS5 upgrade at some point, could be worth it for such a low price

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                Borderlands 3 £10 on amazon at the moment. PS5 upgrade at some point, could be worth it for such a low price
                The upgrade is already out. 4K at 60 FPS or 1080 at 120fps.

Comment

Received DMC5:SE today which was a nice suprise.

£24 brand new from eBay with a code the other week. Hard to say no at that price!
                  Last edited by ItsThere; 30-11-2020, 12:01.

Comment

Used my Samsung T5 on the PS5 yesterday for storing PS4 games. Really fast drive but early hours this morning playing Spiderman Miles Morales the game froze and then the screen went black. PS5 started to flash then turned itself off. Booted back up and the Samsung drive is not working. Checked my ps4 games that were on the internal drive and they won't play. Had to factory reset the console and downloading my games again.
                    The Samsung drive doesn't get recognised by the consoles or my laptop
                    Looks like returning it is the only option.

Comment

[MENTION=2982]Digfox[/MENTION]

My Soundblaster came through today. Excellent bit of kit. Works a treat through the USB. I switch it to hi gain and my headphones came alive. Very happy, thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        [MENTION=2982]Digfox[/MENTION]

My Soundblaster came through today. Excellent bit of kit. Works a treat through the USB. I switch it to hi gain and my headphones came alive. Very happy, thanks for the help.
                        Np, glad to be of help.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                          Used my Samsung T5 on the PS5 yesterday for storing PS4 games. Really fast drive but early hours this morning playing Spiderman Miles Morales the game froze and then the screen went black. PS5 started to flash then turned itself off. Booted back up and the Samsung drive is not working. Checked my ps4 games that were on the internal drive and they won't play. Had to factory reset the console and downloading my games again.
                          The Samsung drive doesn't get recognised by the consoles or my laptop
                          Looks like returning it is the only option.
                          Your about the fifth person I've heard this happening too which is a real problem when you consider there is no official storage upgrade yet and the best way to play older ps4 stuff is via an external.

Comment

That's the reason I decided to wait before getting a PS5. Modern console systems have become so complicated and have so many features that you just know they will be riddled with issues on release.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              Your about the fifth person I've heard this happening too which is a real problem when you consider there is no official storage upgrade yet and the best way to play older ps4 stuff is via an external.
                              I’ve tried the Samsung on my Series X and it’s working a treat so will keep it on there and wait for the PS5 to get patched for this problem. Seems to be quite a few people online with the same issue

Comment

Les Numériques reports that not all PS5s have the same cooling systems: some consoles come with a fan with 17 blades, others with 23 blades. The fan with fewer blades is noisier, but apparently this doesn't impact temperatures.

Comment

Working...
                                X