Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    I haven't heard of the issue to anywhere near the extent of the Joycon issues, tbh I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't just a bandwagon jumping case due to the joycon and how popular PS5 is
    That's what I am trying to gauge as it's early days for the PS5 but a bit concerning that there's already a lawsuit in the works. The switch of course has received similar but only after it had been out for a good while... Just trying to figure out the extent of it, if that's at all possible.

I know the Xbox is facing some issues with its controllers but that seems to be dropouts and disconnects with WiFi, none of which I've experienced myself but seems to be gathering quite a few reports and it's something the Xbox support team is looking to fix, so they've pretty much confirmed there is an issue.

Comment

Ifixit did a tear down and the problem is universal although the headlines seem to be center around PS5 the xbox one, xbox one elite, ps4 and ps5 controller all use the same Alps analogue controller module. the technical specification of this part is rated for 2,000,000 cycles this means that if you play a game like call of duty for 2 hours a day your controllers analogue sticks are going to reach the end of their life after around 7 months of play or 426 hours.

its a soldered on part and even if you do de-solder it and put a new one on your controller wont necessarily be as good as new as calibration of the part is done via software on the production line and we don't have access to this software.

Comment

Is it really rated for just a few months worth of play? I've had the issue in 360 pads but never in a PS4, PS5 or XBO controller and 426 hours is a drop in the ocean to how much they'll have been used for

Comment

Why are the PS5’s joysticks drifting? They use the same fallible hardware as most game controllers. Here’s what’s happening inside, and how we could fix it.

Full tech specs here in black and white, its a really cheap component you can buy two of them off ebay for a 4 pounds delivered, so imagine whats Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo pays for them when their buying them by the million.

That its so hard to replace and that its rated for so little usage is the killer here, Sony seems to have really cheeped out on this part of the ps5 pad, Games like Destiny and Fornite that have run on the analogue click cant be helping either, your constantly putting more pressure on the analogue and the springs far more than you really need too.

Comment

I've never had an issue and I've used my ps4 pad for years.
            Id like to see an upgraded analogue stick though; something with a bit more stiffness.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              I've never had an issue and I've used my ps4 pad for years.
              Id like to see an upgraded analogue stick though; something with a bit more stiffness.
              And that's likely to the case for lots of people my original launch ps4 pad lasted years without issues, the problem is that the part used is rated to be past its usable life in just under a year. that's not really acceptable in a pad that costs £60 its even worse when you think the elite pad is using the same analogue assembly and that costs £180. talk about emperors new clothes, if its uses the same innards as a standard xbox controller are back paddles and a fancy shell really worth the £120 premium?

Comment

had 4 pads over the years with my ps4, every single on of them developed the same drifting problem usually after a year of having them (holding down the left trigger, somehow makes the right stick drift upwards). I'm expecting the ps5 pad to do the exact same thing.

Comment

Not strictly ps5 only but Sony are giving free stuff.

Comment

Days Gone announced for PC, really need to finish that on PS5 since it got that next gen update.

Comment

Though more are headed to PC it sounds... curated. Both Horizon and Days Gone have PC friendly feels about them so I wonder how much that plays into them. I'm not really expecting the uber draws like Last of Us and Uncharted to make the jump. Next I'd probably expect Spider-Man given the marketability.

Comment

Comment

I'm not expecting mega bombs with this.
                          Returnal
                          Kena
                          Stray
                          Goodbye Dino indie school
                          GTA5 next gen

Comment

Yep, it's most likely something just to smooth over the pain of GT7's delay by reminding people of what's inbound. Probably those strong focuses on Ratchet, Resi and Returnal

Comment

The PC Specs for Days Gone are up:

Ride and fight into a deadly, post pandemic America. Play as Deacon St. John, a drifter and bounty hunter who rides the broken road, fighting to survive while searching for a reason to live in this open-world action-adventure game.

• MINIMUM:
                                • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
                                • Processor: Intel Core [email protected] or AMD FX [email protected]
                                • Memory: 8 GB RAM
                                • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4 GB)
                                • DirectX: Version 11
                                • Storage: 70 GB available space
                                • Additional Notes: SSD for storage and 16 GB of memory is recommended

• RECOMMENDED:
                                • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
                                • Processor: Intel Core [email protected] or Ryzen 5 [email protected]
                                • Memory: 16 GB RAM
                                • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8 GB)
                                • DirectX: Version 11
                                • Storage: 70 GB available space
                                • Additional Notes: SSD for storage is recommended

Comment

What's the definition of stupid?

Ask Activision as they warn that Modern Warfare, Cold War and Warzone are now collectively too big to fit on a 500GB PS4

Comment

Working...
                                X