No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah that's cool. The Hot Stepper track I'm half hoping this sneaks up on Game Pass.

Comment

It'll get there at some point if the rest of the games are anything to go by

Comment

Obviously very early in the life of the console, and I not usually one to look at console sales but...
        With the Xbox not flying off the shelves as quickly as the PS5 in its home territory, its not great.

Comment

Phenomenal start by Sony. Now they just need to ramp up production, though by the sounds of it they are already at peak capacity currently due to the silicone shortages.

If they had the consoles they could probably sold 20m units already.

Comment

It's crazy. The thing is, all I'm seeing and hearing is PS5. It's almost like the seriesX doesn't exist.

Comment

I've got one of the noisier, Nidec fans in mine and was trying to put rubber washers around the fan screw points and fan cover. I've only gone and dropped a rubber washer inside the console!

No harm done but annoying. Machine is a little quieter now. Reduced disc drive vibration by putting bubble wrap under the stand and washers between the stand and console.

It's a bit of a joke having to go to these lengths to reduce noise.

Comment

That's a shame you've had noise issues, I've generally found the machine pretty quiet. It does a big whir up when it first turns on, and then sort of occasionally after that, but generally it's a low level hum which I think is acceptable (especially compared to the PS4, which was an effing joke).

Is yours making a racket constantly Ted?

Comment

Yeah I don't know why there are two different fans floating around. It's not like they've constructed many consoles yet, so for Sony to have either dropped a fan contract or have two running concurrently just seems odd. Xbox doesn't have this problem.
                  Mines whisper quiet, so I've never taken the lid off to have a look which fan I have.

Comment

Different fans as 1 supplier just couldn’t keep up with production so they then contracted Nidec as well. Apparently theres a 3rd iteration absolute dead silent units floating around that first went to streamers and press first.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

Is yours making a racket constantly Ted?
                      It's probably more that, having had various different PS4 / Pro consoles I'm more, shall we say, attuned to the fan noise from PlayStations.

My PS5 is multitudes quieter than even my TLOU Pro but it's still audible. What also doesn't help is that I tend to play at night, at low volume so as not to disturb anybody else in the house so ambient noise like a console fan, is more noticeable.

Real first world problems.

Comment

Only noise I've noticed is the random disc spin that seems to be a known issue and isn't yet sorted. Other than that it's largely silent. Only time the disc spin was really off putting was when I was playing the Maiden demo with the lights off and the disc spin reminded me what an airport waiting lounge sounds like. It's making me consider selling the physical Miles Morales and just sticking to digital entirely.
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Had Cash Bandicoot 4 on PS4 delivered today. Installed it on the PS5 and hey ho no PS5 version after Activision realised the patch on 12th March.
                          Checked online and there are a number of PS5 users with the same problem. It will not download the PS5 version. Activision said they were working on a fix then disabled their Tweet. These PS5 upgrades from PS4 are becoming a feckin joke.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            I've got one of the noisier, Nidec fans in mine and was trying to put rubber washers around the fan screw points and fan cover. I've only gone and dropped a rubber washer inside the console!

No harm done but annoying. Machine is a little quieter now. Reduced disc drive vibration by putting bubble wrap under the stand and washers between the stand and console.

It's a bit of a joke having to go to these lengths to reduce noise.
                            Just spray a bit of expanding foam in there...

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                              Only noise I've noticed is the random disc spin that seems to be a known issue and isn't yet sorted. Other than that it's largely silent. Only time the disc spin was really off putting was when I was playing the Maiden demo with the lights off and the disc spin reminded me what an airport waiting lounge sounds like. It's making me consider selling the physical Miles Morales and just sticking to digital entirely.
                              I'm planning on getting the digital Ultimate edition as soon as there is a slight discount.

...Probably about the same time I manage to get a console.

Comment

Make sure you add these free games to your PS4/5 library. These freebies are incredible. I've only downloaded Rez because, who has the time? I have an amazing VR library now for when I eventually get a headset.

Comment

Working...
                                X