No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are rumours that it's going to be ps+, PSNow, Sony movies and Sony Music all in 1.
    Now if you can download the games and they literally dump all the ps1 & 2 games on to it from day 1 it'll be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      There are rumours that it's going to be ps+, PSNow, Sony movies and Sony Music all in 1.
      Now if you can download the games and they literally dump all the ps1 & 2 games on to it from day 1 it'll be huge.
      I saw that and personally I'd prefer if they didn't bundle in movies and music, just keep it all about the games.

Comment

That sounds unlikely considering they just shut their movies store and don't have a music service of their own. Has anyone got a link?

Comment

Yep, they,'ve nothing to gain by going all out. This is a company that has actively avoided such having services of its own for film and music. Also, whilst fast growing Game Pass is still primarily used by Xbox owners and less than 50% of the userbase at that, a userbase that Sony is easily outselling on a 2:1 basis with no Game Pass rival.

Axe PS+ games, roll in PSNow with downloads as an option and threat neutralised.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Yep, they,'ve nothing to gain by going all out. This is a company that has actively avoided such having services of its own for film and music. Also, whilst fast growing Game Pass is still primarily used by Xbox owners and less than 50% of the userbase at that, a userbase that Sony is easily outselling on a 2:1 basis with no Game Pass rival.

Axe PS+ games, roll in PSNow with downloads as an option and threat neutralised.
            Yeah that's true. You're talking about 12 million people with GP.
            Even if only 50% of PS4 owners have ps+ it's around 50 million. Really they don't have to do anything. It's more about perception that they're not competing, when really they don't have to.

Comment

Slightly interesting video. This chap plugs in an external disk drive into his ps5 digital edition. Obviously nothing works but there are a couple of interesting things.
              1: An ultra HD Bluray brings up the disk details but won't actually play the movie.
              2: All other media says 'unsupported media'. Except when he puts in a PS5 game it says nothing; same with a PS4 game and interestingly it says nothing when he puts in a PS3 game. And all three switch him from the media section to the game section. It's like the PS5 knows it's a game but won't run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Yeah that's true. You're talking about 12 million people with GP.
                Even if only 50% of PS4 owners have ps+ it's around 50 million. Really they don't have to do anything. It's more about perception that they're not competing, when really they don't have to.
                I've certainly seen a lot more of my friends picking up xbox's because of game-pass it feels like something new and gaming's best value offering in a long while. Things like outriders being £60 on ps5 and included with gamepass on xbox makes you stop and pause. I'm not sure if it hurt sales on PS5 and PC, as i was interested in it but have heard a lot of people saying its not a £60 game,

If anything it being underwhelming fits in the Microsoft's first party developed stuff, Games like, Sea of Thieves, Crackdown and State of Decay 2 being their big first party hitters that all swung and missed and probably where better off being on gamepass to get an actual audience. You cant help but feel that maybe these games where designed with the game pass model in mind so maybe weren't given the resource of a typical triple A title.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 12-04-2021, 12:12.

Comment

That's part of the curiosity of Game Pass. I've not played much of Outriders yet but it definitely reeks of solid but generic and destined to fail so it's easy to see how Game Pass has helped it survive.

Same for the games you mention, but at the same time MS has to avoid allowing Game Pass and Xbox to come across like a bargain bucket option. There's certainly an avenue for it in the era of £70 AAAA's etc but like other streaming services it needs its jewels too so hopefully that's where Forza etc come in. I'm not sure about their planned reliance on GAAS though, feels like they are hoping it'll help monetise GP at a time when it feels like most series are having to look away from it more.

Comment

I'm currently about to complete the Outriders campaign so I'll just chime in and say I wouldn't personally pay £60 for it but then these days I wouldn't pay £60 for any game. I'm basically more than happy to wait for games to drop below the £40 mark so game pass suits me perfectly if it means I can play it on subscription.

Going back to Outriders, I would have paid £30 for it. It's a really good game with great gunplay. It's intentionally generic with it's b-movie campaign... It's basically Gears meets Borderlands.

Being a looter shooter game pass fits it perfectly and j guess any AA title or smaller can benefit from game pass as it allows them to be risk adverse.

It doesn't take away from the fact Xbox needs AAA titles as a foundation. But this is something they are well aware of. Equally on the flip side I think Sony has the opposite problem...

Comment

Anyone know where high quality PS5 black skins can be purchased? There are loads on eBay and Amazon alone but I assume not all skins are equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                        Anyone know where high quality PS5 black skins can be purchased? There are loads on eBay and Amazon alone but I assume not all skins are equal.
                        I think there’s someone doing the actual plates again now?

Edit. Here you go. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Matte-Faceplate-Replacement-Plates-Playstation/dp/B08YKBT8DS/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=ps5+face+plates&q id=1618235705&sprefix=ps5+face&sr=8-4
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-04-2021, 13:55.

Comment

I'll look into that. Thanks.

Comment

Looks easy to do, just bop the plates off from either end and clip new ones on. Would look much nicer than a wrap.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-04-2021, 17:39.

Comment

USB external drive support coming soon...

Comment

You cant PS5 run the games off external storage. Just store. Swap your games about when need.
                                Last edited by hudson; 13-04-2021, 13:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X