No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m annoyed that there’s still no an option to switch off the capture notification when you take a screenshot, it captures the notification in your screenshot!

Comment

It does mention you can capture only certain levels of trophy i.e Only Platinums. I'd be surprised if you couldnt turn it off completely given they've worked on this, but yeah, setting to Plats, would help.

Comment

It's probably meant to be that way, so that people know on what system you took the screenshot on if you share on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          You cant PS5 run the games off external storage. Just store. Swap your games about when need.
          Yeah this makes sense though as games need that SSD speed on the internal drive. It works the same over on the Xbox except they've had this feature since launch ... Bit slack of Sony taking 6 months to get the same but at least it's nearly here and you won't have to redownload titles anymore.

Comment

Cold storage at last for PS5 games.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
              Yeah this makes sense though as games need that SSD speed on the internal drive. It works the same over on the Xbox except they've had this feature since launch ... Bit slack of Sony taking 6 months to get the same but at least it's nearly here and you won't have to redownload titles anymore.
              Yeah was a reply to your slightly misleading headline :P

Comment

Double post please delete.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 13-04-2021, 15:14.

Comment

For games ps5 at last storage cold

Comment

At last PS5 games cold storage for.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      It does mention you can capture only certain levels of trophy i.e Only Platinums. I'd be surprised if you couldnt turn it off completely given they've worked on this, but yeah, setting to Plats, would help.
                      I mean this.

PS4 had the option to hide the notification, also the recording timer appears when you take a screenshot whilst recording.

It’s basically just a case of Sony re-adding all the things they had on PS4, how many more months is it going to be before we can have folders again?

Comment

I'm sure I've taken screenshots with the Share button that don't have the capture logo in the corner.

Comment

You can organise your game list too, so it says. That's something I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            You can organise your game list too, so it says. That's something I guess.
                            I'm looking forward to hide demos and stuff that I got from PS+ but have no interest in playing.

I just hope that they've fixed the, I'm assuming, bug where it defaults to displaying everything by "date installed" even when you change it to alphabetical.

Comment

I assume given it's taken the Sony OS team 6 months to conjure this up we're not seeing VRR support on the PS5 till somewhere around Christmas?

I mean it's good you can copy stuff off internal instead of just delete it but seriously what PS5 needs right now is unlocking internal storage upgrades. Price aside the Xbox has had the expansion cards since launch, day one... They were £40 at Curry's this week down to £179. How long is Sony going to drag the OS functionality side of things? It just sounds like it's basic, slow, incremental upgrades on stuff they should have brought over from PS4 as a base.

Comment

I will add as an owner of a XH90 TV from Sony I'm still waiting on a VRR patch so apologies if I'm a bit annoyed but I feel like they're trickle feeding updates for the console and pairing it with TV updates because there isn't any other devices in the universe that would use those features until PS5 is "ready"...

Comment

Working...
                                X