Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider-Man: Miles Morales

I've essentially completed the opening mission and the game immediately opens with a sequence that retrains the player and also acts as a bit of a showcase. It's really hard to gauge in terms of how it stacks against the PS4 original because your minds eye remembers things a certain way and here, despite the better visual lighting clearly on show, the game is largely more of the same. I don't know if the game is designed to make use of the Pulse Headset but I found myself switching to the normal TV speakers because I didn't find anything special at all about the audio via the headset. Likewise, the game doesn't seem to make meaningful use of the DualSense's abilities.

Ray-tracing is mostly noticeable on glass buildings, Performance mode just schmooses some blurry reflections instead however otherwise pre-baked solutions carry most of the other effects so the option to play at 60fps feels the preferable option. That being said, whilst the game is good on first play it's feels like DLC to the original marking it out as feeling like a PS4 game as you play so less of a showcase than one or two other options at launch so far.
    1 - Arachnophobia
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    5 - Bitten by the Bug
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    10 - Eight Legged Freak
    0%

The original still looks fantastic. I played it this year for the first time. Apart from ray tracing, which I still dont really see as a selling point...lots of wet games coming, I dont think I will miss much playing on PS4.

Price is insane for PS4 though, so will wait.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
      Price is insane for PS4 though, so will wait.
      Yeah, as I'm late to the party, I'm also going to pick this and Tsushima up, but only when there's a price drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition

I've essentially completed the opening mission and the game immediately opens with a sequence that retrains the player and also acts as a bit of a showcase. It's really hard to gauge in terms of how it stacks against the PS4 original because your minds eye remembers things a certain way and here, despite the better visual lighting clearly on show, the game is largely more of the same. I don't know if the game is designed to make use of the Pulse Headset but I found myself switching to the normal TV speakers because I didn't find anything special at all about the audio via the headset. Likewise, the game doesn't seem to make meaningful use of the DualSense's abilities.

Ray-tracing is mostly noticeable on glass buildings, Performance mode just schmooses some blurry reflections instead however otherwise pre-baked solutions carry most of the other effects so the option to play at 60fps feels the preferable option. That being said, whilst the game is good on first play it's feels like DLC to the original marking it out as feeling like a PS4 game as you play so less of a showcase than one or two other options at launch so far.
        Performance mode? So these games aren’t 4k @ 60fps?

Comment

I have a Spider-Question.

I only played about an hour of the original Spiderman so I got the Ultimate Edition of MM.

Should I play the base game first or drop straight into MM?

Comment

My first impressions of this were slightly underwhelming and I couldn't work out why. It's pretty, the snowy NY setting is lovely, the gameplay is tried and tested ... but I think @Neon Ignition has hit the nail on the head: once you're playing and swinging through the city and battling goons your mind almost just sees the PS4 game you've already played. It's weird.

But ... that first game was so good that more of the same is no bad thing. It's just not quite the showcase I thought it might be.

I think I'll try it at 60fps as some of those graphical touches might go unnoticed while I'm swinging and fighting anyway.
            Last edited by Atticus; 21-11-2020, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
              I have a Spider-Question.

I only played about an hour of the original Spiderman so I got the Ultimate Edition of MM.

Should I play the base game first or drop straight into MM?
              The story arc featuring Morales and Spidey is strong and quite pivotal in the first game, so I guess you'd be missing quite a lot if you just piled in to the second.

Comment

Cheers mate. I’ll do the first one first then!

Comment

I love how it looks but I'm really not enjoying this as much as I thought I would. Web slinging is cool but its getting a bit old and the combat isn't doing it for me. The typical open world trappings don't help either.

Comment

I didn’t get the first one on PS4, played it for a bit round a mates but never did it for me.

Having an absolute blast with this however, graphics are absolutely phenomenal in fidelity mode, gameplay is strong and combat is robust. Not to mention its just plain fun. Miles is very likeable as well which really helps the story tick along.

Well done Insomniac.

Comment

I just can't play in these in "fidelity" once I've tried performance. The difference is unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        I just can't play in these in "fidelity" once I've tried performance. The difference is unbelievable.
                        I switched to performance mode this morning. No turning back.

Comment

Did anyone pick up the ultimate launch edition? Is the original game included on the disc, or is it a download code? As it stands with some Black Friday deals here in the US it works out cheaper to just buy the original game separately and get the standard launch version, unless there’s a specific additional advantage to the bundled launch edition?

Comment

Originally posted by dazza_cole View Post
                            Did anyone pick up the ultimate launch edition? Is the original game included on the disc, or is it a download code? As it stands with some Black Friday deals here in the US it works out cheaper to just buy the original game separately and get the standard launch version, unless there’s a specific additional advantage to the bundled launch edition?
                            It's a download code IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                              It's a download code IIRC
                              Thanks mate. Will stick with the standard version then

Comment

Working...
                              X