No announcement yet.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is a thread for Spider-Man MM but I am following the advice and doing the original first.

Performance mode hardly looks any worse than fidelity and makes it oh so much more buttery. I don't really know why i bounced off this the first time around, I know I was busy with work and the controls are a little complicated but its a solid piece of popcorn so far.

I get the feeling MM will be even better but that's only a good thing from where I'm sat right now!

Comment

Performance mode on Demon's Souls is the same. I can hardly notice the difference except for performance mode butter.

Comment

Finished this today, really enjoyed it. I never played the first game but I will in the near future.

Demons Souls is on its way for me to try next. Never played any of that series either!

Comment

Been flitting backwards and forwards between this and a few other PS5 games but really enjoying dipping into this doing a few missions and getting some collectables and just enjoying being in the world.

Miles is super likeable the world is super fun to be in too my only negative so far is combat seems a bit like you have too many buttons at first but settles down after a few fights. I'm doing some crazy stuff so its worth sticking with and i found having a little refresher of what stuff dose once you've felt your way round combat a bit really helps. it dose tend to bombard you with stuff at the offset and some moves are a lot more important than others disarming for one.

I quite like that there is a reason to do side stuff here too its quite a nice loop as side quests give you materials for unlocking new suits and upgrades and once you get on that loot path your always chasing that next gadget or upgrade.

Comment

Anyone playing the PS4 version? Just wondered if it holds up well.

Edit: Maybe mods should move this to the retro thread?
            Last edited by gunrock; 01-12-2020, 09:35.

Comment

Really looking forward to getting in to this now that I have nearly done the original Spider-Man.

There was quite a lot of filler, all of the gameplay was enjoyable but there was just a lot of it. Glad that I played it though as it sets up MM really well as [MENTION=3687]Golgo[/MENTION] said.

I think I will enjoy the more streamlined experience.

Comment

Started on this last night, never played the original. Was totally overwhelmed at the start from all the combat moves etc...., did a couple of the main missions but just having a blast swinging around the city and doing the random crimes to get more comfortable with the controls and moves. Playing in performance mode and it’s sooooooooooooo smooth!

Comment

Just finished it and started New Game Plus. Excellent FairPlay

Comment

And done, absolutely wonderful game. Looks fantastic in fidelity mode, ray tracing really is the star of the show here with a solid smooth 30fps.

Plays well, story is great with Miles being a well fleshed out character that really feels alive.

Overall this is definitely not a bite size game like people made out to be, I spent 23hrs to 100% with still suits to unlock and a few powers to unlock.

8/10 fishy’s.

Comment

Platinum Get and my 4th PS5 Platinum so far. Says enough for me about how much I have enjoyed the launch.

This game is great. Looks better than the original, plays better and is less bloated. Is it better overall? Not sure I can add much more to the rest of the comments, Miles hits hard and plays significantly differently enough to Peter to make it feel different. They are both excellent.

I nipped through NG+ for the platinum in less than a day (skipping cutscenes) to nab the platinum and the critical path is just over half the game. For me though, the other half is the better half, being the FNSM solving minor issues, playing the side missions, finding hidden stuff, enjoying the swinging mechanics and the beautiful city, that's real serious gourmet spidermanering for me.

Comment

Just finished Spiderman remastered and have now started the dlc. Enjoyed the two games immensely

Comment

I'm playing this on PS4 and it is stunning. They have made an already fun game even more enjoyable. The tone is similar to the Spiderverse film, with fun cutscenes and a modern hip hop soundtrack. The game is even more fluid than the original and some of the gameplay is jawdropping, such as the chase through the mall at the start. Honestly, I am amazed this is on PS4. It is a technical marvel and surely pushes it to it's limit. It must be incredible to look at and play on PS5.

Comment

Great to know, will pick it up if I can. BTW, is this PS4 or PS4 Pro?

Comment

Launch PS4 mate I had to buy it from ebay as it was sold out everywhere. Someone put a buy it now for £33 delivered so I jumped on that.

Comment

Finished the main campaign last night and still want to clear up some loose ends around the city. Must say the PS5 update for 60fps and ray tracing is super welcome. Prior to that I felt I was missing out on something, whichever mode I chose ... I hope this will be something all debs aim for. It's a powerful new console ... nothing should feel like a compromise.

The game itself is built on the solid foundation of the brilliant first game and while not as big in scope it feels more intimate and character-led. But the star for me is the detail in the neighbourhoods. I love all the store details and reflections when walking past them. And the colourful murals and graffiti on the brickwork. It feels vibrant and alive.

It might be short in comparison to the first game but it's still a great showcase for the launch (and a welcome tonic from a giant bloated title like Valhalla). It looks incredible at times. Only thing I didn't like about it was the amount of time spent indoors, in factory type settings ... it's so dull compared to the city outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X