Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Opening and first full level complete now and to a fair degree I think this meets the expectations of many where really it's the kind of game that will grace lower price tags in time. It's a platformer in something of the same vein as Astro's Playroom but with the inventiveness tamed back. Visually it looks decent, levels are full of detail and even though I've always found LBP's aesthetic to be a bit unpleasant it pops enough here.

Whilst it doesn't give the impression of blowing anyone's mind I've been heavily glad to discover that it controls absolutely nothing like the god awful gameplay of LBP. Sackboy is not too far away from controlling like Astro for the most part and so responsiveness is much improved on the past. I think where this may come in is filling the gap of Astro ending and leaving you wanting more, with this offering some of a similar experience in some ways even if not to the same standard.
    1 - Stitched Up
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    5 - Zip It
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    10 - Sewn To Perfection
    0%

Installed it yesterday but will play it when I'm off on Monday.

Comment

How is it in the saccharine stakes? I always find Media Molecule games a bit of a turn off as they try so hard to be so unctuously sweet they make Kirby's Epic Yarn seem like Doom Eternal. Do the sub-contracted devs dial this down at all?

Comment

It feels very in line with Media Molecules tone but more concise and focused

Comment

Quite sad that Sackboy isn't this guy:

Comment

Resident Bernard Manning just won't quit! lol

Comment

This is perfect rainy day gaming.

Sat here watching my 5 year old get used to holding a controller and laughing as he makes Sackboy do different actions.

Dawn French and Richard E. Grant on the cast list too.

Comment

Been having a brilliant time with my other half with some well polished couch coop, just really fun.

Comment

This and AstroBot are real Nintendo tier levels of platforming gold!!

Comment

This will be the consoles underrated and overlooked gem unfortunately i feel. It really shouldn’t be, its great.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 23-11-2020, 10:29.

Comment

Been holding off on playing this as I'm waiting for my second dual sense to arrive.

Comment

Just starting World 3 now, it seems to be stepping up the challenge nicely and there's definitely no questioning at this point the sheer scale of which this is superior to the experiences found in the three LBP games. Likewise though it's not Astrobot levels of quality, it's almost a little surprising how straight forward a platformer it is which is quite nice considering they're not common these days. I'm not in the camp that would see this as being near Ninty levels of quality, the gulf is still there, but it's very strong work from Sumo (who Sony should nab up). It's 100% cemented in me though that the biggest issue with this and LBP is that the aesthetics of this series are the worst bit, they aim for the similar handcrafted style Yoshi games have been going for but with 1% of the appeal. It'd be nice to see Sumo tackle a platformer again but with Sony moving on from Sackboy.

Comment

Horrified at the inclusion on Bruno Mars ...... still loving it

Comment

Working...
                          X