No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've finally settled on playing through this after dipping in to various other games. I'm going for a Magic build to start, see how it serves me.
    For a game that uses the original code from 2 generations ago, it's really great game to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      I've finally settled on playing through this after dipping in to various other games. I'm going for a Magic build to start, see how it serves me.
      For a game that uses the original code from 2 generations ago, it's really great game to play.
      A magic build in DS is far more overpowered than in any Souls game Have you started as a noble? The spell and ring that class start with are enough to see you through the whole game.

Comment

I started as Royalty Class. I thought it was like deprived because it was the only level 1.
        How wrong I was! Not only do you start with a catalyst, soul arrow and a ring that replenishes MP but you get a Rapier and Buckler for max riposting! It’s literally the anti-deprived LOL!

Comment

That was exactly my thought about Royalty class. It's kick ass.

Comment

Don't forget to switch your server region in the main menu to EU / UK.

More chance of meeting people your level and seeing all the messages I put on the drop

That is much easier to see now with the graphics these days.

Comment

If you didn’t start as deprived you’re basically cheating and should start again!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                If you didn’t start as deprived you’re basically cheating and should start again!
                Naturist.

Comment

There's a new patch for this. I cannot find any patch notes.

Comment

Yeah I noticed this, and then noticed they have removed the game updates section on PS5. Boo!

Comment

Someone opened the new mysterious door.

You need to exchange 30 ceramic coins with Sparkly, and inside the new are you'll find the Penetrator amour set.

Comment

Run one is over. Loved it all.

Immediately started NG+ and forgot how hard everyone hits now. Unless you're careful it's a OHKO from a lot of enemies! It looks like the trophy list is a little easier to manage now, although I think some Pure Bladestone farming might still be needed... Speaking of which, it is actually a much improved set of challenges, that really highlight just how creative the bosses still are. More of a set of puzzles than standard 1 on 1 fighting.

Definitely still need to be aware of all the mechanics in the background to appreciate it fully and get the most from it. A lot of content, as expected.

Comment

Did they do anything with that one extra gravestone in the nexus that led nowhere? I remember there being speculation back when this was new that it might indicate DLC, but none arrived...

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                            Did they do anything with that one extra gravestone in the nexus that led nowhere? I remember there being speculation back when this was new that it might indicate DLC, but none arrived...
                            Nah, they addressed this head-on before release and said they're not adding anything there.

I'm not far off getting up to where I've gotten before on past attempts now, which is uh... not very far in. I started as a Knight and I'm beginning to regret this based on the earlier comments about how strong magic is. I've got Soul Arrow and the Healing miracle to help out a little, at least. Any good weapon recommendations for a physical build?

Comment

Weapons imbued with magic eat through most bosses and enemies. You can find a magic Kilij in 4-1, and even with just min stats it will carry you through the first run. Or you can go with flaming longsword found in 2-2 (IIRC), but of course it won't much against fire-resistant enemies.

[edit] Sorry, it's a Crescent (scales with magic) Falchion, not a Kilij. And the Dragon Longsword (adds fire damage but doesn't scale) is indeed in 2-2.
                              Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 23-11-2020, 15:54.

Comment

I remember the old trick in the Asian ps3 before it was patched out, that you could shut the game down the second you died and you could reload it from the save before!

Comment

Working...
                                X