No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One weird trick to get more posts in your off topic folder. Forum members hate him!

Comment

Took another crack at 5-1 boss and had no trouble at all. Went and freed Sage Freke.

As you know of course though, one step forward, one massive, head-first, backward dive off a cliff

I got to the end of 4-2 again, and thought I'd turn human to give him a shot as human. Baaaad idea. Got him to 40%, but on dying, realised that the death in human form had pushed me to black tendency. Now, everyone hits like a truck, and in one particularly late, and precariously-staged part of the level, there's three very tough, and very HP-rich phantoms, along with the manta ray bastards. I've bashed my head against it a bunch more times and am not having a good time trying to figure a way through, or around. Even getting to that point is now non-trivial.

From what I read about tendency, beating bosses in a given world helps return things to white - does this work if you do it in other players' worlds? I can go plop my summon sign down outside the 4-1 boss, win, and then kill myself in the Nexus to help steer me back to neutral? It sounds tedious, but also far less tedious than trying my luck trying to pick off these phantom skeletons one by one and then trying to get them off a cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Took another crack at 5-1 boss and had no trouble at all. Went and freed Sage Freke.

As you know of course though, one step forward, one massive, head-first, backward dive off a cliff

I got to the end of 4-2 again, and thought I'd turn human to give him a shot as human. Baaaad idea. Got him to 40%, but on dying, realised that the death in human form had pushed me to black tendency. Now, everyone hits like a truck, and in one particularly late, and precariously-staged part of the level, there's three very tough, and very HP-rich phantoms, along with the manta ray bastards. I've bashed my head against it a bunch more times and am not having a good time trying to figure a way through, or around. Even getting to that point is now non-trivial.

From what I read about tendency, beating bosses in a given world helps return things to white - does this work if you do it in other players' worlds? I can go plop my summon sign down outside the 4-1 boss, win, and then kill myself in the Nexus to help steer me back to neutral? It sounds tedious, but also far less tedious than trying my luck trying to pick off these phantom skeletons one by one and then trying to get them off a cliff.
        So that doesn't work. It sounds counterintuitive but the best way to get back to a more stable world tendency is:

to go to Pure Black World Tendency and then find a named Black Phantom. Must be a named one, can't be a regular enemy. In your case you may not have seen him in his human form but he is there at the start of 4-1 on the bridge. From PBWT killing him will put you back to neutral world tendency. Might be difficult though as the named Black Phantoms have a health pool of over 2000, maybe more.

Comment

You might also think about only playing in soul form to avoid accidentally changing the WT.

That's why so many people

suicide in the Nexus.

Comment

If you defeat a boss as a guest, the host's world tendency will change.
            A tip for 4-2: don't make a sound (if mechanics are the same as the original).

Comment

Ha ha ha, this thread is reminding me of this brilliant topic where you moaned about games you've never played.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                A tip for 4-2: don't make a sound (if mechanics are the same as the original).
                Yeah, I'm all set for that fight now, my issue is getting back there in one piece...

Cheers both for advice about WT, but man, what a hellish system.

Comment

I started this again as i was only 1 hour in. Gone for a Royal class this time with the ring that increases items pick up, so you get more health items when you come across them.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

You could try using Soul Remains to distract the phantoms?
                    I know they work well on the regular skeletons for distracting them long enough for you to get past.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                      You could try using Soul Remains to distract the phantoms?
                      I know they work well on the regular skeletons for distracting them long enough for you to get past.
                      This worked brilliantly - cheers! First time I got past and got a bit too excited, dallying about and forgetting everything that came after them, letting them catch back up and tear me apart. But the next shot all went to plan; I made it to the boss, killed him, restored WT to neutral, and I am no longer feeling like I've shot myself in the foot! Also I knew exactly what to do with my newly found human status this time

This really broke me for a few days - so much so that I went and played Bugsnax for a few days to bring my frustration down

Comment

So I have the

Dragon Bone Smasher

+3 and enemies literally bounce down and up off the floor when I pound them with it. A red-eyes knight came running at me and...

Comment

Haha that’s awesome. I just started exploring that area myself, albeit with a slightly more dainty weapon. Definitely got my mojo back though; after my last post I went and breezed through 4-3, 2-2, and 2-3. Now we’re talking!

Comment

Good to hear. Glad you're enjoying it again. Sometimes a little break does the trick. Maybe a bit of wiki reading too (cos the game is an enigma at times!).

Comment

[MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION] My main weapon too! it's fantastic and I remember using it in the original as well. You're screwed in tight spaces though

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                                [MENTION=4957]hudson[/MENTION] My main weapon too! it's fantastic and I remember using it in the original as well. You're screwed in tight spaces though
                                Haha you really are. I was acting hard in the Stonefang Tunnels with it and ended up face down in a cowpat. I take my Falchion just in case.

Comment

Working...
                                X