No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember that! So did you have to pull the power cord out just before you die?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        I remember that! So did you have to pull the power cord out just before you die?
        No you just hit the home button and closed the game down!

Comment

Sorry I meant what do you do now they've fixed it? Try and close the app just before you die.

Comment

If the inner workings are still the same, the game saves at regular intervals, when you die, when you use an item, after closing the inventory, or any other item change (like paying for a weapon upgrade). If you close the game before the save starts, you can "redo" stuff.
            Or if you have PSN you can download a previous save, but you are probably limited in how many times you can do that in a day.

Comment

Great to see co-op can be easily conducted using passcodes now. If you are out of level range of you friend you will be debugged toward their level.

Comment

Approaching the end of playthrough 2. This is the time I get impatient...

I still need to sort out:

Friends Ring, Foes Ring, Old Warrior Ring and the god damn Pure Bladestone...

Which involves some complex manipulation and I just wanna smash up the bosses and try out the

Fractured mode

But I really need to grind out some bits to work towards that platinum

Comment

[MENTION=917]ItsThere[/MENTION] Not sure if you've peeped the trophy list but the weapon ones are gone and you no longer need pure bladestone for any trophies. That said, I did hear they fixed Luck so having more of it helps with rarer drops like PBS instead of hinders you, and that the drop rate is nowhere near as bad as it was in the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                    @ItsThere Not sure if you've peeped the trophy list but the weapon ones are gone and you no longer need pure bladestone for any trophies. That said, I did hear they fixed Luck so having more of it helps with rarer drops like PBS instead of hinders you, and that the drop rate is nowhere near as bad as it was in the original.
                    I thought that too, a much nicer trophy list. Then I started digging into the guts of it and you do still need one PBS UNLESS....... You bought the digital deluxe edition

That's done now anyway but I'm still struggling to get PWCT, nearly did it last night but then PBS jumped down the drop... Only a matter of time I suppose but the order always needs to be considered. Deep Strategy.

Comment

One trophy left now but I have a horrible feeling I have missed it on the third run....

I am trapped in the Nexus indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                        One trophy left now but I have a horrible feeling I have missed it on the third run....

I am trapped in the Nexus indeed.
                        You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you.
                          Is that line still in there? I hope it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                            Is that line still in there? I hope it is.
                            It is. You'll hear it A LOT.

Turns out I could get what I needed after slightly messing up a questline so, Platinum Get! All done at Soul Level 150. Totally as expected for me, something that just doesn't let go until you have wrung all the challenge out of it.

I can either retire Zeus the Demon Slayer or he can put on some fancy threads and start bothering other players now

Comment

Well done [MENTION=917]ItsThere[/MENTION] You sound like a fan who absolutely blitzed it. How did you find it overall. Personally I'm taking my time. Late evenings when kids are in bed. I am hooked on it. Currently grinding greystone in Tunnel City. I love the fact you can send stuff to storage from anywhere now. It feels like a lot of care and attention went into this. Even though it's a remake. It's one of the best console launch games for me.

Comment

Well done @ItsThere You sound like a fan who absolutely blitzed it. How did you find it overall. Personally I'm taking my time. Late evenings when kids are in bed. I am hooked on it. Currently grinding greystone in Tunnel City. I love the fact you can send stuff to storage from anywhere now. It feels like a lot of care and attention went into this. Even though it's a remake. It's one of the best console launch games for me.
                                Overall it was exactly what I wanted. I know the mechanics of the game very well and, as you say, a lot of care and attention has been given to the source material but also into only putting quality of life improvements in that don't muddy the original experience.

I play all the SoulsBorne games the same way.

Run 1 - I do everything and see everything, or as much as I can, and enjoy the exprerience like its fresh. There was one stand out moment for me which is used really sparingly. Starting 4-1, you dodge the skeleton. Turn around and backstab him. Finish him off and walk through the first, doorway shaped archway. The second you step through lightning smashes into the tree in front of you, a real flash of light that splinters the tree and sets it on fire. This moment doesn't happen again until the next playthrough and while there is lightning in other areas, it is this one use that really highlights the skill that's been applied to an area that wasn't bare before but it was lacking in detail.

It's that lavish but sparing approach that highlights the game that's there underneath, it is the same as it was but better. Performance mode is turned on by default and that's how it should be played. The next gen butter and complete visual overhaul make it easily the best launch game since Mario 64. I can only imagine what it would be like to experience it for the first time with this game, and not the source material.

I finish out playthrough 1 and then, because I'm basically an addict, straight on to...

Run 2 - still working through the legacy mechanics from Run 1 I don't do everything, but I do most things. No need to repeat some long and difficult runs in lava or anything like that but the challenge really hits here in NG+. NG+ is much much harder than any other playthrough and you can't cruise through on autopilot. I died more times in NG+ than Run 1 and I had to properly re-learn the some of the bosses patterns and tells. Dipping into the multiplayer now its nice to see there are new players who genuinely need help, it is easy to get lost in The Prison of Hope if you don't pick up the right keys. This run is the pinnacle of the challenge for me and when that annoying "git gud" stuff kicks in. It's true though, its still a hard game that you need to manipulate to win.

That moment in 4-1 is still impressive though.

Run 3 - the speedrun, when you cut to the core of the game you can do it in a few hours. You need to be levelled properly and you need to know what you're doing. I had a few tricky things to accomplish in this run and the thing that took me the longest carried over from Run 2, getting to Pure White Character Tendency took real patience. When that was done though it becomes a bit more of a cruise. NG++ is not the step up that NG+ is and you don't really need to grind any levels to play effectively. You're now at the apex of your power and the challenge is surmountable. I spent more than a few hours doing things I didn't need to do. I didn't need to beat up on the 1-3 boss to get the platinum but I wanted to. Fundamentally I love the combat and the mechanics, when you've figured out what the designers want you to do, you can do it if you pay attention to what's going on.

That moment in 4-1 though. Brilliant.

Overall such a way to start this generation for me, I knew I'd like it but I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. It encapsulates the PS5 for me, likeable, impressive and better than I was expecting.

Comment

Working...
                                X