What fighter for PS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What fighter for PS4?

There's a big PS4 sale on, and I'm looking for a fighting game.

However, here's the catch; I ideally want something that Blobcat and I can both play, but while I can really get into my fighters, she's quite a casual player, so I'd want something we can both enjoy.

The ones in the running seemed to be...

Dragonball Fighter-Z £16
    Street Fighter V Champion Edition £15
    Tekken 7 £8
    King of Fighters XIV £5

... from what I've seen.

However, a mitigating factor here is that I don't know how much of "the whole game" those first two represent. Like of the ****ing flow-chart jigsaw puzzle that makes up a modern game, how "complete" are those versions of Fighter-Z and SFV?

Whereas I imagine the others are "all-in", save maybe for the costumes?

Also not interested in Soul Calibur VI. Don't really "get" it; I heard it was like a remake of SC1?

Not as concerned about online play or hardcore play, but just in case, it would be good to get a game which isn't dead online (I assume the likes of BlazBlue and Guilty Gear are by now, though those aren't on offer anyway).

Anyway, what do people recommend? I've heard Fighter-Z is difficult for casual players, so I assume SFV and Tekken are the main contenders here?

BlazBlue Cross Tag is alive and well, Guilty Gear probably even more so as the new chapter will come out soonish and Xrd has received more advertisment than BB Cross Tag.

Comment

Those are still full price though.

Comment

I've played most of the fighters, but not all. Soul Calibur is supposed to have a big one player mode compared to the others and graphically looks better than Tekken.

Tekken and SFV are what you would expect from both series, there are no surprises.

SFV is actually more fun in 2 player mode, nobody mentions fun anymore. You get a lot of characters, just not the recently announced ones.

If possible I'd say get both SF and Tekken. Otherwise the former.
        Last edited by monel; 21-11-2020, 12:09.

Comment

I have Dragonball fighterZ on the Xbox
          It's great fun with ridiculous combos but I basically just button mashed it to complete it
          Not great as single player fodder but the story is pretty entertaining

Do you have access to an Xbox one?
          If so drop me a message & I'll send you my copy of Tekken 7 if you want?
          I don't play it & trade/sale value means it's basically just dumped in the cupboard these days

Neil

Comment

Working...
          X