Predator V: Prey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator V: Prey

“10 Cloverfield Lane” and “The Boys” director Dan Trachtenberg is in talks to helm the fifth installment in the “Predator” franchise at 20th Century Studios. Patrick Aison is behind the script for the fifth movie with the plot is being kept under wraps aside from the fact it won’t tie into any of the recent […]

This franchise now being owned by Disney won't even stop it as word comes that Dan Trachtenberg, director of 10 Cloverfield Lane, has been hired to helm Predator 5.

Plot details are being withheld so far though it's been confirmed it doesn't tie directly into the previous films whether it ends up being a reboot or detached sequel or not.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 12-11-2021, 19:31.

“Legion” and “Roswell, New Mexico” actress Amber Midthunder has taken the lead role in “Skulls,” filmmaker Dan Trachtenberg’s new film in the “Predator” franchise at 20th Century Studios. The Native American actress, who recently starred alongside Liam Neeson in both “The Ice Road” and briefly in “The Marksman,” will star in the film about a […]

Roswell: New Mexico series actor Amber Midthunder has been cast as the lead in this new entry where she will play a Comanche woman who goes against the gender norms and traditions of her people to become a warrior woman who presumably ends up fighting for survival against a Predator.

Comment

Just no.

Comment

Paha Christ. Read Dan Trachtenberg and was thumbs up, then read the story and melted it with a flamethrower

Comment

Sounds a little bit similar to the excellent Alien vs Predator comic. Machiko Noguchi deals with a bunch of crusty old men's sexism to prove herself as a capable warrior to a Predator and they unite to defeat an Alien invasion. She eventually goes back to their homeworld and is recognised as a full Predator warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
            Sounds a little bit similar to the excellent Alien vs Predator comic. Machiko Noguchi deals with a bunch of crusty old men's sexism to prove herself as a capable warrior to a Predator and they unite to defeat an Alien invasion. She eventually goes back to their homeworld and is recognised as a full Predator warrior.
            That sounds good. They should just make that movie.

Comment

Honestly that pitch above doesn't sound bad.

I think Predator should've always been an anthology series. Different human, different jungle, different predator, different context. You could've done the same thing a bunch of times before it became stale.

Comment

At this point I feel the pitch could be anything, I struggle to believe an audience still exists for the franchise after the last attempt

Comment

I never saw the last one. I remember enjoying the second, although I'm not sure I'd ever call it a great film. So that really leaves just one film I think is really good. Which is weird when you think about what it is. It does feel like something that could lend itself to many entertaining stories.

Comment

The fourth was... it's still hard to say. I feel people say hollywood movies are awful a lot of the time and often the film isn't as bad as is made out. Predator 4 though... it's that bad.

Comment

Everyone knows the predator now. They need a different take, something fresh. Maybe this is it, but I don't hold out much hope.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                        Yeah when they made the movie all they needed to do was basically film the awesome Dark Horse series. Such a shame they absolutely butchered the opportunity.

There has been no decent Predator movie since the vastly underrated Predator 2.

Comment

With “Jungle Cruise” hitting this week, the film’s producers John Davis and John Fox have been out doing press rounds and have spoken to Collider about the upcoming new “Predator” movie “Skull”. “10 Cloverfield Lane” helmer Dan Trachtenberg directs the project which will look at the Predator’s first journey to this planet. The project, which […]

The director of the film says the new entry will get back to the originals basics and shares more DNA with The Revenant than it does the existing Predator films.

Comment

Cinematographer Jeff Cutter has confirmed that filming on Dan Trachtenberg’s “Skulls,” an apparent fifth feature in the “Predator” franchise, has wrapped in Calgary, Alberta. Amber Midthunder (“Legion”) stars in the lead role in the project with Dakota Beavers and Dane Diliergo also onboard. This prequel is rumored to be set during the American Civil War, […]

Filming is complete

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X