Redriver 2 - Completed homebrew PC port of Driver 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redriver 2 - Completed homebrew PC port of Driver 2

This is a very interesting project that has recently reached the Alpha stage and is 100% playable - effectively a "proper" PC port of Driver 2 using the decompiled original code from the PS1 game. While anything like this can be legally ambiguous, this one does require you to source your own Driver 2 CDs (preferably the original release - the Platinum/Greatest Hits version works but is buggy). Thankfully I've got mine on the shelf so I think I'll have a try this weekend!

I'm a huge fan of the first game and while I admire the second game's scope it was arguably too ambitious for the PS1 and chugged along very badly to the point of being almost unplayable at times. This PC port gives you basically the same visual experience (even down to the chunky textures and wobbly 3D), but in 60fps widescreen high-resolution. It looks to be dead-on complete with that fantastic car handling that in my opinion has never been bettered. As well as some bug fixes, a few other features have been added including a photo mode and apparently the entire game works as intended.

More info and installation instructions here: http://drivermadness.net/forum/viewt...p=65648#p65648

This is really cool. I'll try to give it a go sometime.

Comment

I was wondering why they didn't just use the PC version but it seems only the first game got a PC release!

Very cool either way, I'm going to give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
      X