No announcement yet.

The greatest 16-bit music of "all time" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed this isn’t a CD, Minidisc or Phillips DCC battle poll.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Disappointed this isn’t a CD, Minidisc or Phillips DCC battle poll.
        DAT FTW.

Comment

Had YT pop this up in the recommends, while i think there some over reaction that is a little cringe, his enthusiasm won me over. Seeing someone with a technical music background come across Streets of Rage 2 for the first time and have ago at breaking it down was a fun watch. Hard to imagine the amount of people that have never heard this, but then it's 30 odd years old now.

Comment

Skipped over that vid a few times, thanks for sharing was worth tuning in. My overiding feeling is that people "unearthing" mainstream videoganes from the 90s makes me feel really old Great to see the enjoyment it still provides though.

Comment

To be fair to the bloke he's not a gaming person at all, and he's broadcasting to an audience of subscribers who aren't either.

It's really cool to see someone who actually knows about music praise how good SoR2's music is though.

I want Go Straight played as I'm lowered into the grave.

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Obligatory post for a thread like this.

Comment

...Also...with regards to the great Yuzo Koshiro...

Is it hot take to suggest that his SoR work is perhaps a tad bit overrated? Pound-for-Pound, the Actraiser OST is better IMO.

Comment

The thing about Streets of Rage 2's music that sets it apart for me is that it's straightforwardly very good electronic music. It would have been good had it not been attached to a game. And partly its strength comes from the fact that it doesn't particularly sound like it is from a game (and yet when it's heard in context, it fits perfectly with SoR 2's action). So it works on multiple levels for me.

A lot of other game soundtracks that I love are still very much game soundtracks first and foremost, in that my enjoyment of them is tied partly to their context.

Comment

Composer(s): Y. Takada & Takayuki NakamuraFULL PLAYLIST:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLREYF4RnDeQDhP6vXwV_Y7h6Q1UeBNa_8

BOSS!

(ESWAT Boss theme 2)

Comment

Working...
                      X