Best HDMI-Scart Convertor to Get - Recommendations Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best HDMI-Scart Convertor to Get - Recommendations Please

Appreciated. Have a composite to SCART lead for a brand new Acorn Electron and HDMI for Acorn Archimedes doing an old set up reverse engineering.

Any good links or FAQs on hooking up retro stuff to current monitors and older CRTs oh and VGA?

An upscaler like the OSSC is your best bet.

Comment

Is this composite scart? (not RGB?). I don't think the OSSC can take composite, so you'll probably need a Retrotink. There are lots of different models these days, so you'd probably need to do a bit of research to figure out which will suit you best. The other option is a Framemeister, but they're getting hard to find.

Comment

This one looks decent

[SCART to HDMI Converter] Converts RGB Signals And Composite Video Signals into HDMI Digital Video Signals and 3.5mm Headphone Stereo Audio/ Digital Coaxial Stereo Audio Signals for Improving Image Interference And Transmission Stability. (Pls Note: Digital Coaxial only Transmit 2.0CH Audio, can NOT Transmit 5.1CH Audio)
        [HDMI to HDMI Converter] Supports HDMI High-Definition Signal to HDMI High-Definition Signals and 3.5mm Headphone Stereo Audio/ Digital Coaxial Stereo Audio Signal Output, You Can Connect DVD, Set-top box, HD Player, Game Consoles, Etc.

[High-quality Scaling Technology] Supports RGB (50/ 60Hz) and CVBS (NTSC/ PAL) Composite Signal Input. SCART Input Supports PAL, NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43, SECAM, PAL/ M, PAL/ N, Standard TV Format Input.
        [1080P High Resolution] Supports Full 1080P/ 720P, Automatic Detection And Automatic Conversion Of Complex Signals to 1080P (60Hz)/ 720P (60Hz) Output, Providing The Most Realistic And Perfect HD Visual Effects.
        [Design Plus & Play] Metal Shell Design, The Overall Shielding No Signal Interference, Enhanced Heat Resistance, Enhanced Long-Distance Broadcasting HD Video Signals; Plug And Play, No Additional Drivers, Easy To Install, Powered By 5V/ 1A.

Any links to better OSSC boxes as mentioned appreciated.

Retrotink I found here https://www.retrotink.com/

Comment

Have this from ebay as well for the Electron

So should be good...

A brand-new RGB scart cable for the BBC Micro Model B, Model B +, BBC Master and Acorn Electron. Our cable is a fully wired RGB cable for the best possible picture quality. The cable is a full 2 metres in length. Superior picture improvement over standard aerial cable! We've developed our cable to be compatible with as many different models of TV as possible, regardless of type: CRT, LED, LCD and Plasma. Made using flexible screened cable . Manufactured in the UK by CoolNovelties.

Compatible with the following models:

BBC Micro Model B
          BBC Micro Model B+
          BBC Master
          Acorn Electron
          For other BBC/Acorn cables, spares and accessories please check our eBay store.

Specification:

2 Metres of flexible screened cable
          21 Pin Scart plug to DIN plug
          6 Pin DIN plug for BBC's RGB video port
          Internal components fitted for signal and colour control
          Brand-new supplied in bag

No RGB on Electron though it seems...
          Last edited by CAPCOM; 26-11-2020, 11:03.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
            Is this composite scart? (not RGB?). I don't think the OSSC can take composite, so you'll probably need a Retrotink. There are lots of different models these days, so you'd probably need to do a bit of research to figure out which will suit you best. The other option is a Framemeister, but they're getting hard to find.
            Ah yes, forgot abou the OSSC not being able to take composite. I've just checked, and Framemeisters have become stupidly expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
              Any links to better OSSC boxes as mentioned appreciated.

Retrotink I found here https://www.retrotink.com/
              Assuming you're in the UK you'd be better buying either the Retortink or OSSC from here to avoid import fees

Personally I would stay clear of anything else as they're unlikely to be designed with computer/console graphics in mind and you'll probably end up with a bad picture and/or lag.

If you're just using composite, I wouldn't bother with a scart cable if you already have a cable with RCA connectors as there'll be no benefit.
              Last edited by ZipZap; 26-11-2020, 13:02.

Comment

Cool Novelties have a website for anyone looking for extra retro stuff...

Your one-stop shop for cables and accessories for retro games consoles, novelty gifts and electronics. Such as Mega Drive, Amiga, Atari, Nintendo and many more. We sell personalised keyrings, coasters, fridge magnets and bookmarks.

OMG Extra Phillips MkII Leads

A quality adapter cable which allows RGB scart devices to be connected to the Philips CM8833 MK2 colour monitor via the RGB in port.

Last edited by CAPCOM; 26-11-2020, 21:34.

Comment

Working...
                X