Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diego Maradona has died (RIP, 1960 - 2020).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diego Maradona has died (RIP, 1960 - 2020).

One of the greatest to ever play the game has passed away today.

The former player of Argentinos Juniors, Boca Juniors, Barcelona, Napoli, Sevilla, Newell's Old Boys and 1986 World Cup winner with Argentina, died of a heart attack at his home in Buenos Airies. He was 60 years of age.

Argentina legend Diego Maradona, one of the greatest footballers of all time, dies at the age of 60.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 25-11-2020, 20:33.

The whole of Naples will be in mourning for a whole week.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
      The whole of Naples will be in mourning for a whole week.
      I can believe that.

The Argentinian President has declared three days of national mourning.

Comment

What he achieved at Napoli was amazing, must be the greatest transformation of a club due to the arrival and influence of a single player. Add in his World Cup achievements and crazy off field antics, and it’s unlikely we’ll see another player like him for a good long while. Only 60 years old too, such a shame.

Comment

As I've said not entirely surprising but aside from his personal life for me his footballing skills were only bettered by Pele. One thing was certain though Maradona played in a time when tackling was a different kettle of fish compared to now.

Not a happy time to be doing it but still I've loved looking at the old pictures of him (of which today's digital shots don't have the atmosphere) and the videos from the WC, those sights and sounds of the cups of the 70's and 80's again have an atmosphere that today's tournaments simply don't have.

He really was a legend.

Comment

Working...
          X