No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also finished the game, not sure the ending I got was the best achievable, I think it's likely there are better ones.

Got the chip out but decided to return home with six months to live

The above is an ending spoiler, but this part is not really a spoiler: I was hoping there was a game+ mode, instead you can just continue from the last checkpoint before the final mission. I will go back to this again as I still have a number of side missions I didn't do and I've not had enough of Night City yet.

Still going with an 8/10, with the caveat of it being on a reasonable PC and playing it as an RPG (not a sandbox), clocked the final sequence at 62 hours with only minor glitches experienced,

There is some excellent content in the game, big spoilers ahead below.

* Nailed someone to a cross and watched him die
    * Rescued a bunch of people from a serial killer who treated his victims as cattle
    * Played a game of virtual gangsters and cops
    * Went scuba diving to a hidden underwater town
    * Had to make a choice whether to release a new sentient AI into the world
    * Went to Jackie's ofrenda and was given his sweet ride afterwards
    * Tried to jump a canyon in a stolen police 4x4 ... and didn't make it
    * Reunited the nomad gang in the badlands
    * Gave myself bionic legs and blade arms
    * Discovered the new mayor of Night City and a hidden room in his house being used to control him and his wife through subliminal TV video

And after that, I'm going to take a break by the lake outside the city - there is a lot more to do in the game, so if you've missed those spoilered things, so do you.

Last edited by MartyG; 26-12-2020, 01:16.

Comment

I got the same ending and some of those. Probably key difference is post credits I feel zero compulsion to do more, the core gameplay isn't comeplling enough even on PC for me to sink anymore hours in. Possibly most telling is how the game is most commonly compared to PS3 era titles.

Comment

I had a fantastic session on this last night. The mall section that featured on the second-half of the 2018 game play reveal. Clearly it had a lot of time in the oven.

About to start streaming now: https://www.twitch.tv/fallows

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          I had a fantastic session on this last night. The mall section that featured on the second-half of the 2018 game play reveal. Clearly it had a lot of time in the oven.

About to start streaming now: https://www.twitch.tv/fallows
          Watched a bit of your live feed last night dave; jolly good stuff. Looks awesome on your pc. Felt like I was play the spectrum version on my one x, after watching that.

Comment

Now the dust has settled on this I picked up the PS4 version to play on PS5, had some credit on Amazon and the tin version with art etc went down to £23, so ended up costing me £3 on top. Packaging and art of the tin version is very nice.

Played it round my mates about 2 weeks back after he took a punt on PS4 version running on his PS5, and thought, year its ok, now 20hrs in and enjoying myself.

The good,
            -The city looks lovely most the time.
            -Runs fine (60fps on PS5 with odd dips when driving in heavy traffic area’s, combat is solid.
            -RPG system is solid with plenty of customisation.
            -Shooting is solid.
            -Characters are great.

The bad
            -The glitches, god the glitches, and this is a later build on the latest update. Worst game I've experienced for glitches and crashes in 10 years, just awful and fully deserved the store pulling from Sony.
            -Rpg elements just aren’t pushed enough, theres a great rpg here to go with the decent shooting, they need to point you towards them more, i think anyway.
            -City element and pedestrians. I don’t really need to cover anything that hasn’t been said already.

7/10 currently for me, its a decent game right now, it could be fantastic with a year more polish and refinement than it actually got.

Comment

And done. Clocked in at 32hrs with about half the side missions done, mainly the bigger better ones, story and characters were great, with decent writing throughout.

All my other previous comments still stand but technically its a disgrace, plus the latest patch makes it even worse on ps5 by removing most pedestrians, cars & making textures and pop in a lot worse.

6/10.
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 04-10-2021, 09:23.

Comment

I've been working on a Reshade preset which replaces that green Matrix tint that's over everything with a cool blue one instead. Now everything looks like it's been filmed by James Cameron in 1984. I'll share it on here after I'm satisfied. I just need to do more testing during warm/daylight hours.

Comment

Streaming this now: https://twitch.tv/djf81

Comment

Ok, so I downloaded the PS5 version last night and Ive played it for most of today. I thought I share my opinion on the update.

The Good:

at 60fps performance mode the game runs very smooth now. The visual resolution is improved and the density of people has increased so the place looks more alive (even if it is just a thin veneer).
                    Cars drive better and things generally feel tighter and more stable. I haven't suffered a major crash, nor seen a comical graphical glitch at all so far!

The Bad:

The LoD doesn't seem to have improved all that much. Things still look solid, but zooming in you still get blurry textures. Overall its like a mesh of last gen and next gen that is difficult to blend.
                    Distant objects look very last gen, with very low poly cars on roads that then vanish and no people in sight. Its more obvious out of the city were the mountains and land just look like a single solid object.

The Ugly:

The RT mode increases the depth of shadows and colours, however the framerate is all over the place. Its almost unplayable.

Comment

Been playing the hell out of this and really enjoying it now. I still haven't had a major crash and although driving a car to its limits feels like the physics engine is about to fall off a cliff, the game still holds together.

I think the next patch need to include improvements to NPCs. They still wander around like zombies. And some extra interactions, like siting at benches, calling taxis and using more shops etc.

Comment

Started this again at the weekend. I had a real compulsion to play it, no idea why, so got the PS5 version installed. As cassius said it does look better now and performance mode is smoother, much more npc’s about as well which is a big improvement. No crashes either so far which id had a good few just on the opening section on my original play through.

Haptics are great and well implemented, a welcome addition.

[MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION], can you recommend must have perks? There seems to be a lot more now and I struggled on my original play through, i just seemed under equipped for every situation.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 27-05-2022, 08:55.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION], can you recommend must have perks? There seems to be a lot more now and I struggled on my original play through, i just seemed under equipped for every situation.
                          Do you want to be a God-like quickhacker, or do you want to limit yourself a bit and get down and dirty with blades and shotguns instead?

To be honest, the perks only supplement the gameplay styles which are dictated more directly by your cybernetic upgrade choices. I'd look at finding a ripper doc and seeing what they have for sale if you feel under-equipped, and then pick perks accordingly from there. Perks won't do much on their own. As an example you'll find that you can still wreak havoc with shotguns despite having all your perks placed in handguns.

The biggest thing I dislike about the unmodded game is the sheer imbalance from mid-late, so it depends on how you want to play. I personally don't see the appeal towards being able to wipe out a whole building of bad guys with a quickhack from down the street.

Whatever you pick you need to be on the highest difficulty (it doesn't make that much difference, honestly). Also don't drive until the mid-game, you miss so much by driving about. I think they must have buckled under executive pressure to give driving to the player from the get go, because you'll find that the game is very clearly designed to be played on foot.

Comment

I do, build the quick hack skills, they're awesome. The melee skills will also be useful for progressing the fight club missions (in fact I'd say essential to being able to finish these). Speed and jump skills also (these reduce fall damage and allow better parkour shenanigans). Increasing cool perks can aid with some dialogue situations.

By end-game you have plenty to cover a good range of them, but I'd start on the physical attributes ones at first.

Comment

Think I’m going to go the hacker samurai style on this play through. The amount of credits you can get extra from data points it’s ridiculous compared to just saving as you go from selling weapons etc, plus the Katanas are lethal once you close the gap. Also enjoying the side missions and gigs, its nice to do a few short things and turn off.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 27-05-2022, 08:57.

Comment

Loving the hacking ninja style of play, swords are just the right side of power, close the gap and shred them or get dead very quickly, pretty balanced i have to say.

Special mention goes to the haptics as well, very well done in the game with virtually everything having a different feel. Driving is awesome with a kick up/down on the gears.

Comment

Working...
                                X