No announcement yet.

PAPRIUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you not following the Sega-16 thread, a guy just posted the intro:

He's currently uploading some gameplay footage but apparently it's a gig and uploading very slowly.

I am super pumped for this... my copy shipped yesterday.

Comment

That's promising! Really promising!

Other thing I'd like to know is if anyone's tested it in a MegaSG - the FAQ makes it sound like it's a no-go, but I'm not sure if that's just them not testing it and not wanting to over-promise, or...

edit: here's the answer to that...

Last edited by fuse; 17-12-2020, 18:21.

Comment

Gameplay video has just gone up:

This looks and sounds absolutely sick!!! My copy can’t come soon enough!

Comment

Looks good, this makes the artwork in Streets of Rage 4 even more pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
            Looks good, this makes the artwork in Streets of Rage 4 even more pathetic.
            Yeah, it looks like a top quality arcade game from the early '90s.

The graphics have a nice gritty vibe -- and the sprites and environment blend together perfectly. I think it's much more appealing than the visual style chosen for SoR4.

Comment

Fck me, NEVER thought this would ever come out and here it is!!!!!!!!!!!

2020 = weirdest year of the galaxy.

Comment

Yup, and it actually looks decent too. Very weird, but cool, twist to the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  Yeah, it looks like a top quality arcade game from the early '90s.

The graphics have a nice gritty vibe -- and the sprites and environment blend together perfectly. I think it's much more appealing than the visual style chosen for SoR4.
                  It does look great, but I can't help thinking that a more modern, authentic "clipart" style might have worked even better.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                    but I can't help thinking that a more modern, authentic "clipart" style might have worked even better.

When I and others mentioned that SoR4 has visuals that look like "clipart", it should have simply led to debate on whether the style looks good or not. It's obvious that the visual style chosen could be described as a simple 'clipart' or 'comic book' style. Whether someone likes the style or not is subjective.

It would be interesting to see a hi-res modern console/PC version of Paprium. Maybe the artist(s) would embrace the same visual style as seen in SoR4. Or maybe they'd find a way to to retain the gritty, vibrant retro vibe but with a hi-res sheen.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 18-12-2020, 11:48.

Comment

Honestly, from what little I have seen, the gameplay looks a bit (a lot) wank. Can't wait to give it a whirl, but expectations are (very) low right now.

Edit - there's an hour arcade playthrough vid up somewhere now. I had a 2 min skim, game looks great, gameplay looks arse. Also

floating robot torso laser tits

haha!

Edit - vid link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJQq...ature=youtu.be
                      Last edited by wheelaa; 18-12-2020, 16:25.

Comment

My copy is coming in from France. I have tracking details but it’s not had any updates on the French carrier side for some days. I also have a Parcelforce tracking number but all this returns is that the consignment has been logged on the system with no parcel details whatsoever.

Then I turn on the news to see queues of lorries on the M20 and nothing going out or coming in to the country.

Proper bricking it.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                          My copy is coming in from France. I have tracking details but it’s not had any updates on the French carrier side for some days. I also have a Parcelforce tracking number but all this returns is that the consignment has been logged on the system with no parcel details whatsoever.

Then I turn on the news to see queues of lorries on the M20 and nothing going out or coming in to the country.

Proper bricking it.
                          From France? Mine is coming from the US. That's very strange.

Comment

Looks like European deliveries are coming from France, ROTW is America. I'll be livid if I end up paying import tax on this from France now because they can't get lorries over.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                              Looks like European deliveries are coming from France, ROTW is America. I'll be livid if I end up paying import tax on this from France now because they can't get lorries over.
                              I’m just praying it gets here, never mind import tax. Seeing as the next batch of carts are £200+ via official channels and the scalpers are charging £400+ on eBay, I just want it safe and in my hands after all the anguish us backers have had to endure over the years.

Comment

Perhaps the UK ones are getting flown over actually. Mine has travelled from North West France to some place just south of Paris, unless it needs to head there to get bundled with a bunch of other parcels before it comes over. Either way it's seen more of France than I ever will, been on a right journey.

Comment

Working...
                                X