PAPRIUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
    Perhaps the UK ones are getting flown over actually. Mine has travelled from North West France to some place just south of Paris, unless it needs to head there to get bundled with a bunch of other parcels before it comes over. Either way it's seen more of France than I ever will, been on a right journey.
    That sounds the same as the tracking for my copy too. Fingers crossed it gets to the UK this year. Not that I can play it on my Mega SG anyway!

Comment

My order costs 94.04 US dollars and the same order done by a friend on his end cost 84.05. Both located in Greece, both with standard shipping. Same game version. His game copy ships from the US but mine is still packing.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        That sounds the same as the tracking for my copy too. Fingers crossed it gets to the UK this year. Not that I can play it on my Mega SG anyway!
        Do you not have access to yours atm or does it just not work on them at all!?

EDIT: I googled it an it seems appropriate for this game haha. I'm reading it only works on specific models of mega drives too.
        Last edited by jamesy; 21-12-2020, 18:38.

Comment

I would imagine Analogue could fix the issue but how many of their customers will it affect?

Comment

£130 I heard it costs???!!!

Does look very impressive now it's out, mind. I thought it would only have three character sprites on screen at once, judging by that barren old demo, but it seems that's not the case.

Looks the part but does it play the part?

Comment

Yup, pricey. In fact the prices have gone up a little. The joker wants $340 for Paprium Limited Euro.

Let's hope the playability is there.

From what little I have seen - and I am keeping away from any media now to not spoil things - it looks, well, pretty damn awful. Limited moves, janky hitboxes, abysmal AI etc. Basically all the worst elements of small time dev 80's/90's brawlers, in a pretty looking shell. Which is a shame, as those brawlers were the shizz!

Still, I can't wait to give it a spin though. Although I will have to wait as my parcel is currently stuck in France, and how long that spin will be, who can say!

Comment

My copy is now in North East France. Probably in a 20 mile tailback of lorries.

Comment

My copy is now in Germany?!?! WTF?!

I’ve been keeping up with the Sega-16 thread and it seems unanimous amongst everyone who’s received their copy that it’s a good game, ranging from pretty good to pretty dope. General consensus seems to be that whilst it’s not up to SoR2 standards, it is better than pretty much most other 16-bit brawlers. It also seems to be a lot bigger than first impressions suggested with lots of branching paths and secret areas. I’m not phased at all by the dodgy hit boxes and dodgy animation in places - it looks like it is a legitimately decent game to me and certainly one which pushes the technical boundaries of the platform, if not smashes them to smithereens.

Comment

I hope it turns out to play better than IRON COMMANDO on SFC.

Couldn't wait to play that after seeing it on a YouTube vid (looked like some obscure, brilliant, exotic JP beat 'em up) but the reality was it was by those guys from Europe and it played like shide.

I was so disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      I hope it turns out to play better than IRON COMMANDO on SFC.

Couldn't wait to play that after seeing it on a YouTube vid (looked like some obscure, brilliant, exotic JP beat 'em up) but the reality was it was by those guys from Europe and it played like shide.

I was so disappointed.
                      They did a medieval type fighter too called Legend. That looked great but I can't remember how it played.

Comment

Legend played really badly! Slow and clunky.

Metamorphic Force has the best brawler controls ever. Violent Storm comes very close.

Comment

Yeah, LEGEND, that was awful. Looks good until it rapidly kicks in it's a big, fake, Euro turd.

I paid £19.99 for it back in the day. And traded it in the week after for like seven, eight quid.

It's *ghastly*.

Comment

Anyone in the UK had theirs yet? Mine has been in Carvin, France for the past week. I think I'm going to have to pay VAT on this, which is annoying as Brexit wasn't even a thing when I backed this.

Comment

At least you know where your game is. Mind has said "15/12/2020 - 19:56 - Las Vegas USA - Shipping..." Since day one and has never changed from that. God knows where it is now. No tracking number has been given either so I can't even use a proper tracking system. Stuck with using the WaterMellon games site.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                                Anyone in the UK had theirs yet? Mine has been in Carvin, France for the past week. I think I'm going to have to pay VAT on this, which is annoying as Brexit wasn't even a thing when I backed this.
                                Same here doesn’t even show up on Parcelfarce tracking yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X