No announcement yet.

PAPRIUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Saga is finally over - Paprium live playthrough thoughts plus cleaning a disgusting Mega Drive.

Comment

Will cross-post this in the Kickstarter thread, but just making sure folks following along here catch this just in case they're interested - there's a new Kickstarter going for Paprium in order for the game to be brought across to PS4/5 and Steam. The campaign video is rather eccentric (this is as generously as I can interpret it) and includes a lengthy section of reading negative comments about the game that the developer clearly feels are worth refuting and ridiculing.

The pledge structure is quite odd (pledges as low as $1 gets you access to a store where you pay separately for physical goods) and I'd definitely recommend people read up on the history of the project before diving in.

Comment

Soooooooo...it will be released when the PS7 comes out?

Comment

Yea there's absolutely no chance I'm dipping my hand in my pocket for these guys again. They had my money nearly 9 years before I got my copies of Paprium. I can't imagine many people who have dealt with them before will be willing to pay up front either.

Comment

These dip****s think I never received a copy. They sent me an email which basically says, "sorry, we are having issues making carts but don't worry, the game is going next gen. Head on over to our KickStarter to support.". WTF? Do they have no shame?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              These dip****s think I never received a copy. They sent me an email which basically says, "sorry, we are having issues making carts but don't worry, the game is going next gen. Head on over to our KickStarter to support.". WTF? Do they have no shame?
              FFS

Imagine waiting a decade for your cart then throwing money at their kickstarter

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                FFS

Imagine waiting a decade for your cart then throwing money at their kickstarter
                I know. It's beyond belief!
                I sold my Paprium with the Mega Drive I search for just to play the bloody thing. Did a starting bid at 5000 yen and it ended up going for 16,000 odd. So I guess I should thank them for making me some money.
                NAH! They can sod off. Bloody cheek.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Will cross-post this in the Kickstarter thread, but just making sure folks following along here catch this just in case they're interested - there's a new Kickstarter going for Paprium in order for the game to be brought across to PS4/5 and Steam. The campaign video is rather eccentric (this is as generously as I can interpret it) and includes a lengthy section of reading negative comments about the game that the developer clearly feels are worth refuting and ridiculing.

The pledge structure is quite odd (pledges as low as $1 gets you access to a store where you pay separately for physical goods) and I'd definitely recommend people read up on the history of the project before diving in.
                  Well you know what they say about a fool and his money, it's already backed as well, wouldn't go near the kickstarter with a 50 foot barge pole myself, based on what happened before. If it does ever get released ETA is December next year, suspect that mean 2023 at the earliest.

Comment

I’d have thought that given the level of funding, the high profile (/notoriety) of the game, and the fact that the original Megadrive version is a finished (arguable) product, this time around there is a high chance backers will get what they ordered.

But then there’s the radio silence Fonzie/Watermelon are known for, the lengthy delays, and the sheer price of the products ($129 for standard edition) that are off-putting to newcomers. If it was $70 per game I’d say go for it, Pier Solar and Paprium are decent titles worth playing.

I’m glad I was one of the lucky ones and received my copy, therefore this time around is an easy pass for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X