No announcement yet.

PAPRIUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That review is spot on IMO. Very fun game to play in spite of its flaws.

A shame another few months or so couldn’t be spent refining the hit stun and enemy AI but Fonzie/WM had already burnt through any goodwill from investors and then some. Probably his insular nature prevented any proper play testing to identify these issues.

Comment

Watched that vid yesterday, love Game Sack but wish the bald dude would return!

Either way, what a banger!!!! PLEEEEEASE release this on Xbox One!!!!!

Comment

Game Sack deliver again, this time getting the game to run on a Mega SG:

Surely just a matter of time until a new f/w fixes the glitchy text?

Comment

So, anyone else got this yet? I see that WM have suspended 'customer service' (lol) until 25th Jan.

Anyone playing this?

I've been able to put in a few hours.

(As I suspected from watching a vid or two...)

Looks nice, sounds ok, gameplay is arse (no oomph, abysmal AI, small (and cack) moveset with an absurd jump kick spam should that be your poison, and more). Shine over substance.

I will play more to see further levels, unlocks etc.

Right now, 8 years in the making for a 5/10 game imo.

(I fired up SoR4 for the first time in months yesterday...had more fun in the first 10 minutes on levels I've played and near enough perfected 100s of times already...)

I guess 'Paprium' means 'wank video game' in Latin. Paprium est Paprium!

Edit

"Edit: although I haven’t played much, I’d say Wheelaa’s assessment of it being “a bit wank” is well wide of the mark. Plays great so far."

I'd say Wheelaa's ass isn't that wide! My assessment, well you were right, it was somewhat wide of the mark. It's not 'a bit wank', its just 'wank'.
          Last edited by wheelaa; 16-01-2021, 13:42.

Comment

Been reading the thread over at Sega-16 and it seems that more secrets are being discovered including:

- Bonus games when played in two-player mode (in this case a basketball game)
            - A proper arcade mode when used with the Grand Stick, ie when the game boots up you have to insert coins etc
            - Three player mode - again this seems to require the Grand Stick to activate

Pretty amazing how much content is packed into the game.

Comment

Yeah, seen that too. (Hopefully there's a playability boost secret somewhere haha!)

Comment

Lol, you japester. Still want it but I was never expecting the playability to be on par with SOR2.

But, you're right, SOR4 is SO DAMN GOOD!!!! that I don't really care. What a fun game!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                  Lol, you japester. Still want it but I was never expecting the playability to be on par with SOR2.

But, you're right, SOR4 is SO DAMN GOOD!!!! that I don't really care. What a fun game!
                  If this lockdown ever ends then I’d be happy to meet up for a a sesh, mate. You get the smoke in and I’ll bring the Paprium.

Comment

If you wanna spank up some 3 player action (if it is indeed a playable option), count me in! I can bring the grandstick (and other fun)!

Despite my reservations, I am getting more enjoyment out of it. The grinder in me needs to see all the stages, the hidden bits and bobs, all the endings. 6/10 (and potentially counting I suppose). I still stand by my gameplay irks though. If only gameplay matched the shine...

Comment

PS @ [MENTION=3905]wheelaa[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2587]samanosuke[/MENTION], any time (provided I'm not working), what's mine is yours.

Comment

I played through some of the branching paths yesterday. It was cool to see new levels, but it’s still not all that much fun. Still feel it’s pretty average, without the massive amount of content I’d say it was probably below average.

Comment

Comment

Updated my SG and gave Paprium a go. It’s ok. Graphics are garish and really quite chunky but there’s loads of detail. The soundtrack is excellent. The game is certainly no Bare Knuckle but it’s playable enough and can keep a lot of enemies on screen with no flicker which is impressive.
                            Can’t see this combined with Fonzie’s latest antics pointing to a bright future for Water Melon studio.

Comment

Saw this comment and decided to look at the Facebook page, what an utter ****. I cancelled my order for this years ago and glad I did, at least I got my money back. This guy should walk away from the retro scene, if he ever does another project you’d need your head looked at if you put money down.

Comment

He's already putting out feelers for his next project. I can't see it getting the backing he's hoping for. I would have been fine with a 7.5 year development time if I didn't feel like I'd been scammed for about 5 of those years.

Comment

Working...
                                X