No announcement yet.

Densha De GO! Hashirou Yamanote-Sen - PS4/Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow is what you suspected. These are passing stations. Usually these are in missions like on the Saiko line where stops are further apart with one or two passing stops in-between. You usually have to be on your toes trying to keep to the maximum speed limits to get in good steed to hit those passing stop times. You can usually tell if you're going well or not be referring to the time at the bottom of the screen.

I'm currently on the 4th license. One stage at the moment has a section that changes speed limits so fast and so near to a stopping station that it has you coming into a station like SilverStreak if you adhere to speed too strictly. I guess it teaches you to be mindful of the distance guage.
    Last edited by hudson; 10-01-2021, 14:38.

Comment

Finally, I have received it after being sent on 17th December!
      I will have impressions later. Toot toot!

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
        Finally, I have received it after being sent on 17th December!
        I will have impressions later. Toot toot!
        It is a good day. Good luck out there.

Comment

Playing this after seeing a couple of others play this and I'm really enjoying it so far. It feels simple enough that you can get the hang of it fairly quickly, but difficult to master! Just about to get my level 2 license.

I love the express train missions, blazing through the stations at around 110km/h is a great feeling, till you realise it's actually your stop

Comment

Only played a bit so far but have enjoyed the memories so far!
            There seems more checks and buttons than I remember on DDG Final but my Japanese was better then so I didn't feel overwhelmed in the same way.
            Not convinced on the controls - would prefer d-pad but could not find the option. Did a tutorial and a bit on the sobu line. Next: VR.

Comment

Honestly, I would stick with them. I thought exactly the same. I changed some of the controls around, like having the sticks be stepped by default, but the more you play, the more you realise, that default controls works best. In my opinion anyway. You'll find that a flick of the stick for certain tight speed adjustments or little boosts towards under-shooting a stop will come in handy.

When I set off, I flick the stick fully forward and then hold L1 to lock it in position (no need to hold stick). Then if I hit a speed limit I want to maintain, I release L1 and immediately, you're in neutral.

Comment

So the VR is excellent fun. I think it isn't a complete version of it (as I was hoping) but the sensation of smooth movement is very well done.

I have cleared the first page and unlocked a secret mission course on that page and also page 2. It is an oddly compelling game and can see myself coming back to it.

My understanding of the weight is quite bad so my stops are pretty inconsistent but I have changed the stick control to stepped and up to brake (due to not being able to change the vr one, I think). I do like being able to get to neutral quickly.

Comment

VR features all arcade mode, but yeah would have been nice for it to spill over into the new campaign.

Regarding weight, a few things to consider that will affect your braking. How many passengers onboard. Indicated by the four different people icons, ranging from Minimal, Low, Normal and Crowded. Heavier trains will take longer to slow down. You can see this indicated before a mission or watch how many get on.

Weather also affects braking. So in wet and icy conditions you may need to brake soon than usual.

There's also whether you are travelling uphill or downhill to consider. Although, I've not seen a gauge for this, so it may be just a visual check on the tracks.

Comment

Cheers hudson. I will probably look at arcade mode later tbh, but thank you for that information. I have not seen up/down slopes indicated though they were in older versions.

I am playing on easy to unlock things tbh so I imagine that I would be failing a lot if I was not

Comment

That's a good idea. I'm playing on the difficulty one up from that. It can be a slightly stressful juggling act at times. Just to rub our noses in it the last difficulty suggest it's the real Densha De Go judging from it's icon.

I had a wild thought before that this might play well on an arcade stick.

Comment

If anyone is interested in seeing the game played in VR by someone that is fairly incompetent, here is a link to my stream from my first go. Probably worth skipping the first minute or so.

A little demonstration of the VR part of Densha De Go on PS4

Comment

NIce one. Even if it's a bit lo-res, it looks great in VR. I like how you are waiting on the platform at the results screen.

Comment

The stream is 720p and it looks quite distorted on the stream but it is better on the headset. The colours look a bit different but it feels like footage from a security camera
                            Definitely going back after work. The jingles are being missed but the directionality of the sound is pretty cool. All the noises from the doors etc is in the rear channel.

Am I right in thinking there is no external view? Feels like Final may have more content as a result. It is weird that the sobu line is only in Arcade - feel like a pretty easy thing to incorporate and it isn't a huge set of stations included.

Comment

Yeah no external view. I really hope they are still working on it to add stuff like that. I would like leaderboards too. AND content update, as the AC version now has more stuff.

Comment

Managed to get my 2nd license today kind of fitting that it's snowing both outside and in the game during that mission lol. Still can't figure out how to get the max of 3 hearts when passing trains. I know you turn your headlights off before it passes you then turn back on but most of the time i only get one heart but there have been times where i have gotten two. I thought it's something to do with how close you are before you turn them off but i have tried both really close & and further away but it seems to just give me one heart, i'm obviously missing something.

Comment

Working...
                                X