No announcement yet.

Densha De GO! Hashirou Yamanote-Sen - PS4/Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That spreadsheet is bonkers comprehensive. Amazing work!

Comment

I have a column for the time of the mission but that is too much
      It is a lot of detail but actually, not that many variables once the routes are in. Most missions are the same line and train so mission is:
      no of stops, starting station, weather and congestion.
      So "just", for example, 3; Shibuya; C; 2
      I can fill in during the load time from menu to cab on mobile so will continue as I go through the rest of it./

Have had a few days break now but ready to VR now.
      [MENTION=3985]chopemon[/MENTION], what control method are you using? Stepped or Direct?

Comment

Using direct. I like the movement of the stick up and down as a facsimile of the actual controls.

Comment

Been going veeeery slow with this due to other commitments and got to the first set of secret missions just before the first certificate mission. They're really hard! Had a good few goes at the first one and kept failing. Taken a load of screenshots so I can translate all the red minus point notifications that keep popping up.

Comment

Yeah, the red minus points at the end of a stage are the ones I want to understand too. I'm sure it's today with average ATC, G or stopping prowess, but I'd like to know nevertheless.

Comment

For translation, I was using the translate on my phone pointed directly at the screen which would work even when the screen is dimmed through pause.
              The Challenge missions are quite a bit trickier than the main ones but I did not notice a huge difference with the secret ones being more difficult - just that they were often different lines or trains.

If you are talking about the Beginner (or level 1) stage secret mission, that uses a different, older train, which has longer stopping distances and slower acceleration.

Comment

Yep, that's exactly the one. There is a blue gate very close to the station in the first stage and combined with the slow stopping speed, I was getting docked a load of points right at the end as I struggled to stop in time.

Comment

The standard train (E235) is the best one - it is very new and has far shorter accelerating zones and stopping distances. After that, the older they are, the longer all the distances are (wait until the retro 103) and you need to really factor it in. Sometimes, it is worth taking on a 2 star for the blue gate if you are unsure. Also, if you are already slowing down over that gate, you should be OK - remember how the weight shifts and that the older trains are a lot less responsive.

Avoid using the emergency stop at all - generally it is just a basic no no and might contribute to a fail. If you are using "direct", then it should be easier to avoid as you need to press a button for it.

Comment

Heh, I think I got a whopping -14 for using the emergency stop on that one.

Comment

After a little break, I went back to this for the VR mode.

As fun as it is, it feels different and am glad that I did not dip in and out of it while getting licences. The stopping power (and acceleration) felt a little ramped up and, for a game that is basically managing space and distance, this made it hard to judge. The VR is very nice, it has to be said but there is a significant hit to the detail which is a shame. The sense of space is excellent though.
                      I also tried the Arcade mode a bit too (again) but did the Sobu which is in a slightly older train anyway. It is also quite different feeling running along the river.

Toot toot.

Comment

I found this on another forum: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/dens...-ps4-t841.html

Hi everyone!

How's everyone liking the new PS4 release? I've been really enjoying it, although I was missing the departure melodies for each station (as I was in the HD Plug & Play released a few years ago) so I finally got around to putting together a little music box for triggering each Yamanote station's melody from my phone as I play! I thought people here might be interested too, so I wanted to share!

����: https://morgansleeper.github.io/Yamanotes/

It starts at Tokyo but loops so you can use it for trips that cross through Tokyo too! Happy driving!

Comment

Very nice. Is it correct that there's a lot of repeated jingles?

Comment

Yes. Often the same jingle is used for a stretch of track (some of these stations are very close together if you consider nationally).
                            I believe there are different jingles in different directions but the game is anti-clockwise only.

Comment

I'm hovering over the purchase button for the Switch version.

Anyone played it on Switch?

Comment

A friend of mine has been playing it a lot and really enjoying it. Looking at the screenshots the textures have taken a big resolution hit from the PS4 version but it seems to play the same.

I haven't made much progress on the PS4 version. I love it but I find it quite stressful and I'm trying to recover from a bit of a breakdown so it isn't the best thing right now. Looking forward to getting back to it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X