No announcement yet.

Densha De GO! Hashirou Yamanote-Sen - PS4/Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As i picked up the switch version just recently i have started back right at the very beginning, yup the resolution of the graphics compared to the PS4 is a bit rough but still it's not a huge game breaker but a bit jarring after playing ps4 version for so long. Decided to break out the controller i bought for this thing to see how it handles, so far i'm genuinely impressed. The game had a recent patch that updated a few things but also added in official support for it there's now an option in the setting to enable the official controller with a spiffy pic of the thing.

The controller feels really solid & it's pleasingly weighty but not too much the little handle on the right is nothing but a grip so you have leverage to use the one on the left. The one on the left is satisfying to use pushing forward does the brake with a satisfying clunk for each level of brake and then you have to push a little bit harder to the very edge to activate emergency brake. Shifting down back to neutral position the stick will not move any more until you hold in the little silver side button as that unlocks the safety and allows you to accelerate. Now the cool thing is as you go faster and shift down the handle is spring loaded so you can feel a bit more resistance with each click but also when you let go of the handle totally, the spring will automatically move the lever & send it back to neutral. After playing using PS4 controls it's taking a little getting used to but i'm getting the hang of it. Out of the densha controllers i have bought in the past this one feels the most premium of the lot, hell they even lit up the company logo on it lol. There's also a nice little velcro cable tie attached it's the little touches. The only thing missing that would have made it perfect is if they had incorporated the ready light for when the train is ok to depart.

Comment

Niiiiiice! I want that controller!!!

Comment

It's pricy but i think it's worth it if you like densha. Seems to be a bit of salt online with japanese players though over the thing as they don't like the fact it was only released for the switch but seeing as sony stuff is selling poorly in japan now i can see why they just stuck with the switch. Both version now have something that the other doesn't making a double dip not too bad. Ps4 gets the ace vr mode switch gets the equally ace official controller.

Comment

If there isn't one already, a converter from Switch to PS4 is inevitable, right? There have been so many over the years!

Comment

I can see why people would be annoyed at the lack of PS4 controller too - it was the first version and does look far nicer. The controller with VR would be really good!

I assume it is USB so would it not be a case of getting the approval from Sony for it and patching it in to the PS4?

Comment

Yeah it's normal USB so in that respect it's easily plugged i'm not sure what method it's using though in regards to actual controls as the handle is digital yet it's replacing the left analogue stick if you used a regular controller. The switch got an update to specifically add in the controller so i'm guessing they rewrote how the inputs would be dealt with if you enabled the controller in the menu. In the PS4 version this menu option doesn't exist so it would be still looking for an analogue stick signal from the controller, will be interesting to see if someone figures it out home made style though as there's enough hardcore fans that someone in japan will be hacking the thing to get it to work.

Comment

Any idea if this would work to get the controller working on PS4? https://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/17861335/

It might but I wonder if the game is doing anything unique with the inputs and that functionality isn't in the PS4 version.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                  Any idea if this would work to get the controller working on PS4? https://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/17861335/

It might but I wonder if the game is doing anything unique with the inputs and that functionality isn't in the PS4 version.
                  I have that exact converter as i use it to make my wiiu pro taiko drum work on switch. The densha controller is usb though and the only input that converter has for manually plugging stuff in is the wiimote style connector. The converter can accept PS4 but it has to be done all via the wireless connection.

The fact taito made a new software update to specifically add in the controller support makes me think they had to rework something if i had thought about it first i should have tried plugging in the controller on the switch and not updating the software to see what happened. I'm guessing something like a titan controller remapper would be powerful enough to remap everything.

after googling for a bit i came across this video it seems someone managed to get an older densha controller to work on the ps4 version so it's possible that something similar would work for the newer controller too.
                  Last edited by importaku; 28-08-2021, 16:12.

Comment

It seems that either a titan 1 or 2 game converter will indeed work in letting you use the switch densha controller on the PS4 this guy confirms it as he does an unboxing as well as using it on his ps4 copy of the game. It's a fun channel he is really into the densha games.

Comment

Working...
                    X