X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros 35th Anniversary - £EXPIRED

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Watch-...8739837&sr=8-1

£10 knocked off the original RRP.

It would appear that the likelihood of a feasible commercial software hack being made available for these being next-to-zero has contributed to the desirability decreasing significantly.

Further price-slashing to come before the end of March?
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 22-05-2021, 14:05. Reason: Amazon UK out of stock

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Further price-slashing to come before the end of March?
    The answer looks to be yes.

Now £37.99.

Comment

Really don't want one cos it's chaff, innit, but gotta admit these are well cool and beautifully Nintendoid in nature.

I'm gonna hold out until I see one betwixt £10-£15 squiddlers. But these are cool. If chaff.

Comment

The thing that put me off is that it's not actually a proper Game and Watch. I could've gone for it as a battery powered alarm clock (I need one) with a cute Mario game built in. But it's actually a game console with a clock that needs to be charged off the mains, so the clock/alarm is only good for as long as you've got charge and are playing the game. I guess I was naive thinking it could run off those button batteries like you get in regular Game and Watches. I've only got my Greenhouse one left.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          The thing that put me off is that it's not actually a proper Game and Watch.
          Not sure I agree with that.

It very much is a Game & Watch, in essence and execution. I don't think that modern technology being used in it stops it from being so, although I can appreciate that it does differ the dynamic when compared to other, older G&W models.

Judging by the way that demand for these have dropped off, ironically enough because it can't easily be hacked to be turned into a mini game console, it would appear that many others view it as a G&W too.

Comment

Picked this up the other day for £30. Straight out of the box it does feel very much like a genuine Game & Watch but when you power it up the bright clear modern screen really jars initially. Once that wears off it’s a really nice little item. Probably a little small for my hands but it certainly plays well and the screen copes well in motion. I’m quite impressed.

Comment

Now reduced to £34.99.

Comment

Gone Baby Gone.

Comment

Working...
                X