Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 Venom Arcade Stick opinions

Hi all,

Does anyone use the Venom Stick on their PS4?

Still need to get myself a stick for my Fighters & for when I start catching up on the Shooters & have seen this one around & just wanted some opinions please.

Is it worth saving more & getting a Hori Rap or trying to find a Mayflash instead?

Thanks

Neil

If you don't intend to swap parts avoid the Venom + Mayflash. I don't think RAP use sanwa these days, they use their own approximations which are pretty decent so that is what I'd suggest.
    Last edited by speedlolita; 26-12-2020, 17:04.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      If you don't intend to swap parts avoid the Venom + Mayflash. I don't think RAP use sanwa these days, they use Hori approximations which are pretty decent so that is what I'd suggest.
      Thanks dude.
      I don't mind swapping parts but are the Sanwa parts easy to get these days?
      That said I suppose the cost of buying the parts makes it just the same as spending out on the Hori in the first place since I can get a RAP on Amazon for Under £100 at the minute

Neil

Comment

Should be easy to get them, just not sure the cost is worth it. Might be worth checking prices here: https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/

Comment

Should be easy to get them, just not sure the cost is worth it. Might be worth checking prices here: https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/
          Was actually just looking on there for the buttons, assume I need to mod the stick as well?

Think by the time I shell out I might as well just grab the Hori in the first place

Neil

Comment

I certainly would. As you say though, buying a Hori is probably better cost wise.

Comment

I used a venom on the PS4 for a few months and thought it was a cracking stick for the money (they can usually be picked up for around £50); good stick with decent buttons with a good weight to the unit.

Comment

This one

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  I used a venom on the PS4 for a few months and thought it was a cracking stick for the money (they can usually be picked up for around £50); good stick with decent buttons with a good weight to the unit.
                  Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  Yeah that's the one
                  I've seen one on eBay for £50 which prompted the question to be fair lol

I certainly would. As you say though, buying a Hori is probably better cost wise.
                  Yeah think I'll probably look more at the Hori to be fair
                  Priced up the Sanwa parts & it easily doubles the cost & then some

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                    Yeah that's the one
                    I've seen one on eBay for £50 which prompted the question to be fair lol

Yeah think I'll probably look more at the Hori to be fair
                    Priced up the Sanwa parts & it easily doubles the cost & then some

Neil
                    The stock stick and buttons are surprisingly good on the venom - I have loads of Sanwa modded sticks and tbh the difference is minor

Comment

I have the Venom stick for the PS4 too. Picked it up quite cheap in Game. OK it's not a good as my HRAP SE but it's good value for money.

Comment

Working...
                      X